PDA

View Full Version : First aid

Lyns123
17-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Have a bit of baby brain and can't remember how long you have until you need to re-do your first aid. Is it every 3 years or 2?

Thanks
Lynsey

blue bear
17-08-2010, 10:07 AM
it's 3 years, it should be written on your certificate

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 10:13 AM
It is currently every 3 years but I heard that it may become annually - groan :panic:

solly
17-08-2010, 04:40 PM
It's 3 years be aware that it is best to do it about 6 months before it runs out unless you are sure you can get on a course.

I had another childminder report me back in Feb for not having an up to date certificate, mine had run out in the December and had 1 course cancelled before my certificate ran out and then another course i was booked on in Jan was cancelled because of the snow.
I struggled to get on a course and Ofsted have had to put this on my report but they have put it down as something I have actioned myself as lt looks better than if they had to action it.

Non of this was my fault and was quite angry, The complaints officer who had been dealing with the other malicious complaints that were also made said if you have not renewed your first aid, the day after the certificate runs out you are not allowed to work until you have done one. I did say to her you don't forget what you have learnt just because it has run out, she couldn't answer that one.

karensmart4
17-08-2010, 04:52 PM
I agree its 3 yrs it gives a date on your cert. go by that, and I would certainly try to book onto a course WELL in advance as you will be marked down by Ofsted if you don't have a valid cert. even if you can prove that you are booked on the next available course