PDA

View Full Version : Child being sick this morning, should be allowed to come on thursday?

Tippy Toes
17-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Hello

I will be having a child on Thursday afternoon.

Had text of mum this morning saying the child is not well has been sick all morning so she will be late paying me. (She pays cash every tuesday)

Ive got the week off next week and just worried we are all going to catch this bug and it will really spoil our week away.

My question is what do I do if anything? When parent started I only had in my policies that children could not come if they where ill, I had nothing about 48hrs after last bout of sickness etc (Although this is now in my policies and given to new parents)

What would you do in this circumstance?

Thanks all :)

aly
17-08-2010, 10:01 AM
it's 48 hours from the LAST time they are sick...so make sure they are not sick tonight as it could be friday!.

Even though it wasn't in the policy you still have to adher to it...maybe post a new policy to her?

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 10:04 AM
48 hours and if the child has stopped being sick then Thursday would be fine

If you don't want to have the child why not explain to the parent and offer a refund for the afternoon?

AliceK
17-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Just refer to the Health Protection Agency guidelines and explain that you have to adhere to that.

xxxx

Mollymop
17-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I would txt back and say that lo can't return until 48 hours after she has last vomited.

Don't let her make it an excuse to pay you late for too long x