PDA

View Full Version : NCMA or MM???????

porky1979
16-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi, my NCMA membership is due to run out and was wondering if I could have some input on whether MM is better?? I see a lot of you use MM rather than NCMA so was just after a few opinons before I renew.
If I did go with MM would I need all there paperwork to be covered?

miffy
17-08-2010, 06:55 AM
MM is just an insurance company.

NCMA works for all childminders whether they are members or not and also offers insurance.

MM insurance appears cheaper than NCMA but that is because with NCMA you also pay a membership fee - you can't get their insurance without being a member.

There are lots of threads on the forum about member's experiences of both MM and NCMA insurance.

NCMA insist you use their paperwork, MM allow you to use any, including your own

Miffy xx

watgem
17-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I switched from NCMA a couple of years ago because I couldn't afford their fees, and was worried because I didn't think I would have the same sense of support or security with MM, however I have been really pleased with MM, I get a regular newsletter emailed through and a craft magazine, and free EYFS training modules. Their paperwork seems to be more plain and simple also. I think in the end it comes down to personal choice.

porky1979
17-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Thanks, I will have another look at their site and decide. I suppose it is just personal choice.
:)