PDA

View Full Version : the repetative question of the day is......

sweets
16-08-2010, 07:28 PM
What time is it?:angry:

my 23 month old mindee must have asked me this at least 25 million times today, each time i told her the answer, she looked at me very thoughtful. lol

:laughing: :laughing: why?

sarah707
16-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I used to have a child who did this!

It was because mum said she'd be back at 5 and the child had no concept whatsoever of time but wanted to know if it was 5 yet.

After chatting to mum we put a digital clock in the playroom with a big number 5 on a number line 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 next to it.

We showed her that when the first number on the clock was 5 mummy would be coming soon.

it cut the worrying down... it's funny but she used to go and look at the clock loads to start with, then she settled down and would only refer to it a few times during the day.

it really helped her to relax :D

helenlc
16-08-2010, 07:59 PM
My 2 yr old can now say my name, so all I get is Helen? Helen? Helen? And when I say "Yes T?" she doesnt say anything. She is just practising my name!!

Bit annoying in the car though as this is where she seems to enjoy doing it!!! Just for attention me thinks!!!:laughing:

miffy
16-08-2010, 09:00 PM
I have a little one who constantly asks "What you doing?"

As soon as you answer, they ask the question again, whether you're doing anything different or not! :panic: :laughing:

Miffy xx

tashaleee
16-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I have a little one who constantly asks "What you doing?"

As soon as you answer, they ask the question again, whether you're doing anything different or not! :panic: :laughing:

Miffy xx

Oooo Ive got one of those as well..... even when its totally obvious what Im doing they still ask.... :laughing:

sweets
17-08-2010, 07:57 AM
yep i have the what you doing question too, i usually say something like, im running up a mountain! the look on there faces is a picture! lol.

singlewiththree
17-08-2010, 08:14 AM
yep i have the what you doing question too, i usually say something like, im running up a mountain! the look on there faces is a picture! lol.

You have the same sense of humour as me, Normally with my own children as mindees are too young to talk much but my DD will ask "mum are you cooking tea" I am obviously at the stove so I reply "no I'm brushing my teeth" or something like that :laughing: