PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start!

celdemorg
16-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I've had a little girl since I started childminding last year. My ds is 2 1/2 and mindee who is also 2 haven't really clicked and got on since i've had her really. I haven't had this lo for the last three weeks due to holidays and it has been bliss.

My first day having this little girl after holidays and as soon as my ds saw mindee first thing this morning he absolutely cried his eyes out I felt so sorry for him, saying "No like ******!" and "I want ****** to go home"! he's been so good (and I'm not favouring him cos he's my son and he got on fine with other mindees last week). I'm just not looking forward to the rest of the week. Do your children get on with your mindees. I just find it so much hard work.

We went out today to a local farm (which was quite expensive to get in) we had a lovely day apart from my ds and mindee getting at each other, I just didn't think that 2 year olds being so young wldn't get in this situation of not getting along. Got home told mum where we'd been, and I just don't get a response, or have you had a nice day or nothing and sometimes I think why do I bother. It's so disheartening somedays :( :(

xxxx

sandy64
16-08-2010, 06:12 PM
o dear its not nice when they take a dislike is it, ive been lucky never had a problem like that but do no others who have, you really need to sit down and work out if you can go on with the mindee is there a reason your ds doesnt like her? are your other mindees older? it maybe that because of their ages nrly same it could be jelousy, its hard im sorry i cant give you the answer you need, i can relate with parents not apreciating howq much we do and spend on the lo though take care:)

maisiemog
16-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I look after a little girl who is 2 weeks younger than my dd and for a few weeks it was hell! They just didn't get on at all....and my dd isn't even 2 yet!!!

In the end they learnt to tolerate each other and now they get on ok. They will never be the best of friends but they aren't at each other's throats.

I think a lot of it was my dd saw her as more of a threat than the other mindees cos they are so similar in age. In fact cos they also look alike everybody assumes they are twins when I'm out with them!!!