PDA

View Full Version : Temporary assistant?

keeks
16-08-2010, 03:34 PM
What happens if you employ an assistant temporarily, say for a couple of weeks in the holidays but more than 16 hours? Do you have to employ them then? Surely that would not make sense though, having to give them holiday etc?

And how do you pay assistants if they work less than 16 hours? Do you just put it in your books and give them cash? I'm very very terrible at the financial side of things, so apologies if this is a stupid question. :blush:

xx

keeks
28-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Bumping myself here, does anyone have any words of wisdom on this matter?

xx

Twinkles
28-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Sorry I just don't know but I didn't want to ignore you. Hope you get your answer soon.

mummyof3
28-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing recently and didn't find the answer so I'll bump you as well in the hope someone can help :thumbsup:

RainbowMum
28-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Not 100% sure but I think if they work more than 15 hours you have to employ them - you probably also have to apply for planning permission - I looked into it at start of summer & it was too much hassle for me personally :panic:

keeks
29-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can also get more info from my ICP course which should be in November (aaargh, I hate waiting!!!) :D

xx

Twinkles
29-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can also get more info from my ICP course which should be in November (aaargh, I hate waiting!!!) :D

xx

You could always give OFSTED a ring. Mind you , you may have to call them several times and get several different answers :D

suzyblue
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
You shouldnt need planning permission unless you intend to look after more then 6 under 5s. I would have thought that the 15 hour a week rule counted for over the year. I cant see that hiring someone for say 35 hours as a one off would mean you need to employ them but then you never know what silly rules we have to adhere to. I would give inland revenue a ring to confirm that one.

Dont forget that they will need a CRB check and if they are to be left alone with children then they need their first aid.

keeks
01-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I agree that I shouldn't need planning permission as I don't even think they might register me for the full numbers as I've only got a decent size 2 double bed. The assistant I was only going to use if I was to get more than 3 under 5's for a day or so per week, or in the holidays if I do schoolies.

I'll try Ofsted as many times as it takes until I get the answer I want. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, it makes sense, Kindertime, but as you say there could be some silly rules for these things. I'll give Inland Revenue a call, thanks.

xx