PDA

View Full Version : When and how would you approach parents

AliceK
16-08-2010, 01:09 PM
I have just taken on 2 new children (siblings). I've only had them for 2 weeks but to be honest I'm having my doubts about whether I can carry on caring for the eldest. I don't seem to be getting anywhere with his unwanted behaviour and this is taking it's toll on the younger (and better behaved children).. I need to talk to mum about it and was wondering when you would do this and how would you approach the chat? Obviously they are still in their 4 wk settling in period.

Thanks

aly
16-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Iwould do it ASAP beforethe 4 weeks ends.

AliceK
16-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Iwould do it ASAP beforethe 4 weeks ends.

The way things have been going today I want to do it sooner rather than later but I don't know how to broach the subject. Never had to do this before with any of the others.

xxxx

Zoomie
16-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Can you ask parent when it would be a good time to telephone them tonight as you would like to chat about xx.

Hopefully they'll ask why and you can give a brief outline, but prefer to talk when LOs are not present.

You need to be seen as wanting to tackle the problem WITH the parent.

HTHs

curlycathy
16-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I agree, it might help you to write down what you want to say first just to give you a bit of confidence in getting started.

Good luck x

AliceK
17-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Thank you for your replies they certainly helped.
I had a chat last night, called mum at home later in the evening as agreed at pick-up time. Hopefully between us we can work this out.

Thanks

xxxxx

onceinabluemoon
17-08-2010, 07:49 PM
Don't forget you can exted the settling in period if you are worried (as long as you do it in the settling in period...)

AliceK
17-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't forget you can exted the settling in period if you are worried (as long as you do it in the settling in period...)

Thanks yes I had remembered that and will def be doing so. Today has seen a huge improvement so lets hope it continues :)

xxx