PDA

View Full Version : What do you keep each day?

katickles
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I do daily diaries for my parents each day with all the typical info in. I also add photographs of the children so they will have a great reminder of the things we have done.

I do regular obs & where necessary future play & learning.

I keep all my menus in a file ready for inspections.

I am making a photo album so that ofsted can see evidence (In case i don't have mindees diaries - also good to show perspective parents?!?)

I obviously compleate my attendance register daily................can't think but sure i do more paperwork than this!

Should i be doing any other paperwork? Any other bits as evidence?

Kelly
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
sounds like you've got it covered to me

Kelly:thumbsup:

sarah707
03-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Sounds good to me!

On my Food Hygiene course we were told to keep a record of fridge, freezer and cooked food temps every day... :D

angeldelight
03-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Well done Kate you are organised

Angel xx

katickles
03-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Sounds good to me!

On my Food Hygiene course we were told to keep a record of fridge, freezer and cooked food temps every day... :D

Opps!! Never even done that. Will look at getting a fridge thermomitor at weekend:blush:

miffy
04-04-2008, 02:51 PM
You sound very organised Kate

I also have a daily risk assessment check list which shows all the things I check each day such as socket covers in place etc

miffy xx

katickles
04-04-2008, 02:54 PM
You sound very organised Kate

I also have a daily risk assessment check list which shows all the things I check each day such as socket covers in place etc

miffy xx

Have you just typed this up yourself then? I made a risk assesment form on excel that I compleate for each room/area of the house. TBH I did this ready for when i started & just actioned any areas that needed attention. I do check all socket covers regularly - I suppose a little checklist would be a good idea really.

What other types of things are on yours Miffy? :)

miffy
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Yes I made it up - I've just gone through all the rooms we use plus the garden and made a list I don't fill it in that's a waste of time I just use it as a crib sheet and then if I spot anything wrong I make a note of it and how I dealt with it.

It includes for the garden
gate locked
no gaps in hedge or fence
no tools left out
no chemicals left out
empty any water collecting in sandpit lid
wipe down toys

just things that remind you of the checks you need to make. Then similar for all other rooms inside

HTH

miffy xx

buildingblocks
09-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Another idea is to keep a setting diary in some form or other.

This could include children expected in and their hours and if htey attend or not, activities you have got planned just general stuff. It is good evidence for a number of things, network, quality assurance, Ofsted, backing you up if you have a complaint made

button68
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
What about a complaints folder thingy.

I only mention it because it is on my mind becaue I haven't got one - yet :eek: but I remember it being mentioned on here that it is essential.

miffy
09-04-2008, 09:43 PM
What about a complaints folder thingy.

I only mention it because it is on my mind becaue I haven't got one - yet :eek: but I remember it being mentioned on here that it is essential.

You're right mandy you should have a record of complaints file along with your complaints procedure

miffy xx

button68
10-04-2008, 07:17 AM
You're right mandy you should have a record of complaints file along with your complaints procedure

miffy xx

Right that is at the top of my 'To List' this weekend

Remind me I'm sure I was told I couldn't use a ring binder because pages could be removed. Does it have to be a 'bound' shop bought book?

miffy
10-04-2008, 07:32 AM
I use the "provider complaint form" from Ofsted as this is set out in the way they want the complaint recorded.

I also have a book that I would record the date nature of the complaint etc

You're right though there was another thread about this so it might be worth looking around for it

miffy xx

button68
12-04-2008, 07:16 PM
I use the "provider complaint form" from Ofsted as this is set out in the way they want the complaint recorded.

I also have a book that I would record the date nature of the complaint etc

You're right though there was another thread about this so it might be worth looking around for it

miffy xx

Sorry to be a pain but I'm getting blisters on my eye balls looking for this on the Ofsted site :(

Anyone got a link .... please :)

Spangles
12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I've got the Ofsted form to use for complaints that I would inform Ofsted about and I've made up another form for ones that I wouldn't! If you see what I mean!

I just like forms!

I read on here that some people have a file with complaints forms, compliments forms and feedback forms in.

I was just wondering though, shouldn't the feedback forms be kept confidential in the child's personal file? Or, do you put copies of the forms in but block out identifying details?

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Sorry mandy

The form is in an annex to the guidance to the National Standards so have a look at yours.

Mine came in a booklet of revisions dated October 05 but if you've registered since then it's probably been incorporated properly now

Hope that makes sense

miffy xx

sarah707
12-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Sorry to be a pain but I'm getting blisters on my eye balls looking for this on the Ofsted site :(

Anyone got a link .... please :)

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/Files/compchild_revfinal.pdf

Here you go! :D

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/Files/compchild_revfinal.pdf

I couldn't see the form on that Sarah :confused:

miffy xx

button68
12-04-2008, 07:29 PM

Ah! Thanks Sarah :) I saw that but I thought I was looking for a form for the parents to actually fill in, iyswim :rolleyes:

sarah707
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry :rolleyes: ... my mistake... here you go! :D

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
There is a form mandy because you have to say which standard the complaint refers to, how you dealt with it etc etc

miffy xx

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry :rolleyes: ... my mistake... here you go! :D

Oh good - well found

Thanks

miffy xx

button68
12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
But thatis a form we as cildminders fill in isn't it - not the parents.

I thought the whole point of having a complaints book out and available to the parents was so they could fill in a complaints form if the needed to.

Ohhh!! I'm all confused now :(

miffy
12-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Yes it is mandy - sorry if I've confused you

I did say I also have a book in which parents can write the nature of the complaint etc

miffy xx

Monkey1
12-04-2008, 08:01 PM
What about a compliments file and visitors log?

miffy
12-04-2008, 08:01 PM
What about a compliments file and visitors log?

What about it??? Not sure what you mean monkey?

miffy xx

button68
12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Yes it is mandy - sorry if I've confused you

I did say I also have a book in which parents can write the nature of the complaint etc

miffy xx

Don't apologise Miffy, I'm easily confused :rolleyes:

So I have say an A4 book out for Parents to complain in and then I 'transfer' thier compaint to one of these forms. :thumbsup:

miffy
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure I dare answer mandy :laughing:

But yes i agree with you

miffy xx

miffy
12-04-2008, 08:05 PM
What about it??? Not sure what you mean monkey?

miffy xx

Oh just ignore me monkey I understand now - what is it you say "having a blonde moment" :blush:

miffy xx

Monkey1
12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh just ignore me monkey I understand now - what is it you say "having a blonde moment" :blush:

miffy xx

Welcome to the world of Monkey!:D