PDA

View Full Version : Positive vibes needed please!

pinklady
16-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I've had one enquiry in the last few months and it included pick up from another school so couldn't do it.

I'm down to one mindee now and although she's full time and if I'm totally honest can survive financially but it seems crazy to work 50 hours a week for less than minimum wage and the parents try (but fail) to treat me as their personal nanny!
When I told mum that I was looking for new mindees to replace the 2 that have gone she told me 'Mmmm, I will have to give that some thought' and tried to tell me that I should only mind girls as LO was too wound up at the end of the day when she's only played with boys at my house :rolleyes:
The funny thing is it's her daughter winding others up all day by taking toys off the other children and I have 2 sons so not much I can do about boys in my house :laughing:

So fingers crossed that the phone rings soon as I'm starting to take it personally now :(

funfunfun
16-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Sounds like a cheeky parent you have there !!!

Sending good luck vibes your way ........xxxxxxxxxxxx

AnnieM
16-08-2010, 09:22 AM
I'll send some your way if you send some mine. I have had three enquiries in the last year. One I have taken on, but it was just for Tuesdays after school and holiday care, the other was for emergency cover for a 2 year old for another childminder, which i have taken and have him this week and the third was on Friday for 3 year old twins, after nursery, which I couldn't take because of space in the car for school pick ups. :( I really need a full time little one. :D Please.........

Fingers crossed our phones start ringing. :thumbsup:

marnieb
16-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I need some too!!!!! T leaves on Thurs and then I have no work until E starts on 11th Ocotober (apart from the odd settling in session) and it looks like I'm losing my after schoolies as Mum's been made redundant!!!!!

Marnie
x

heatherw
16-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I need some too, ive had enquiries that i can do but am waiting to hear back from them. Why do parents take so long to tell you?

marnieb
16-08-2010, 11:58 AM
it's when they don't bother to tell you at all that really gets on my nerves!!!!!!!!! They don't understand what a difference just a simple text saying they're going with someone else would make. And yes, it happened to me last week after a great first meeting she told me I was the best she'd seen.... and then nothing!!!! Manners and courtesy cost nothing!!!! (well, apart from a 10p text! )

Marnie
x

jadylasa
16-08-2010, 01:48 PM
how can she say you can't have boys, unless she's planning on sending her "angel" to an all girls school when the time comes! And as you said you've got boys anyway, something she would have known when signing with you! Sounds to me like she only wants you to care for her's and noone else, if thats the case she needs to pay you in full for all the spaces you have! She can't dictate to you who you can and can't have, and she can only express an opinion if she feels the care you give to others comprimises the care you give to her, and then she has to back up her claim. In my experience girls are much worse than boys anyday of the week! (I have 2 of each of my own, and the boys give me no trouble!)

flowerpots
16-08-2010, 01:57 PM
sending lots of positive phone ringing vibes to ll that need them. fingers crossed your phones will start buzzing now were geting closer to september. :D

watgem
16-08-2010, 07:35 PM
things are slowly picking up with me so am sending lots of good vibes, and explain to this mum that Ofsted and the EYFS don't permit you to discriminate, and that includes gender...what a cheeky lady! lots of good luck:)

pinklady
17-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Thank you :D

Good luck to all of you that need it too :thumbsup:

xxx