PDA

View Full Version : whats everybodys activities or themes for september

lou lou
16-08-2010, 06:56 AM
I have just finished doing my theme of water and sandcastles and the beach and what lives under the sea but i need some ideas now for september just wondering what you guys are doing.

Hebs
16-08-2010, 06:57 AM
autumn for september and october leading into halloween activities xx

maisiemog
16-08-2010, 06:59 AM
We're looking at the weather next. Seems so variable at the moment that it seemed like a good idea at the time and it's been the easiest theme so far for me to plan. Maybe I'm just getting better at planning now!

miffy
16-08-2010, 07:04 AM
No idea yet, will wait and see what the children are into - haven't had some of them over the holidays so there may be new interests to follow.

I do much less theme planning now as I find half of it doesn't get done so waste of my time.

Miffy xx

fionamal
16-08-2010, 07:07 AM
I tend to not do much theme planning now as the older ones arent interested and the wee ones are too wee to know.

Do the festivals etc and thats it other than seasons, beach, space (which was really popular)

Nothing planned for September yet since kids are all back at school and only got a baby al day

Tink
16-08-2010, 07:08 AM
Were doing all about me/ourselves. I have 3 newbies starting and thought it would be nice to get to know more about them and also see what they know about their bodies etc.

Roseolivia
16-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm only working until the 24th Sept so haven't planned anything yet, may just do some Autumn crafts to go up on the wall.

loocyloo
16-08-2010, 07:22 AM
i'm going to do colours!

but its very vague! usually the children take an idea off somewhere totally different! last year, we started on colours and ended up in space!

i'm quite taken by doing weather though! but as we'll be doing rainbows i think we'll probably stop to think about weather!

singlewiththree
16-08-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm doing food, healthy eating with it being harvest time. This may be extended to farms where the food comes from to sampling food, food printing and other sampling and multicultural food and fruit too. It may even touch slighly on seasons due to when food is available.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-08-2010, 07:53 AM
I only use themes loosely with 1 or 2 activities per week and the rest is child led. Mine for September is countries and Autumn and then October is Autumn/Harvest/Halloween and November I am yet to look at but Diwalli is on the 5th, Bonfire Night will come into it with Chalf Paintings on black paper and maybe making rockets followed by the start of Winter and Christmas and that will go right through to the end of December. My god are we there already!:laughing:

AnnieM
16-08-2010, 08:38 AM
I only loosely do themes too. For September we are continuing Weather and leading it into Autumn and festivals, (nursery education plus mag) this will continue into October. Like Debbie, I only really use it for one or two craft sessions a week and the rest is child led as all of mine are before and after school as of September. :( I need some littlies!!!

jumpinjen
16-08-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm doing food, healthy eating with it being harvest time. This may be extended to farms where the food comes from to sampling food, food printing and other sampling and multicultural food and fruit too. It may even touch slighly on seasons due to when food is available.

I like the sound of this theme.... I've got as far as looking for some autumnal poems and songs to print and laminate and hang on the book shelf for a bit of a refresh.

i'm also 'auntumn cleaning' my policies and paperwork!!

Such fun!

jen x

angiemog
16-08-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm going to do minibeasts. With all the rain there are lots of snails and lots of little bugs hiding in damp places:) .......and when it's nice butterflies and ladybirds. All the children have been enjoying looking for bugs in the garden so am following them. I am then going on to colours. x