PDA

View Full Version : Photos of toys/resources

pinklady
15-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I don't have a playroom so a lot of my resources are in a large cupboard,in storage boxes and in a toy shed. Most of the things can be chosen freely as the storage boxes are clear and the cupboard is big enough to walk into. There are still a lot of things the children can't see like the items in the shed and I was thinking of taking photos so that the children can choose the toys that way.

I know a lot of you do that but before I start putting an album together I was interested on how it's working for you and if ofsted like it?

cas2805
15-08-2010, 07:42 PM
I have heard that Ofsted like to see them all too, so I am in the process of photographing all my toys/resources. Got Ofsted next year so hopefully will be ready for them!

miffy
15-08-2010, 08:26 PM
This has been on my to do list for a long time!

Our playgroup have photographs of their resources in small (A5, I think) albums, one for each of the six learning and development headings for the children to look at.

Miffy xx

loocyloo
15-08-2010, 08:28 PM
been on my 'to do' list for a long time too!

i just can't bring myself to start getting every toy out to photograph! and then i have no idea how i would categorise them, as using the 6 areas, most toys would fit in several!!

pinklady
15-08-2010, 08:40 PM
This has been on my to do list for a long time!

Our playgroup have photographs of their resources in small (A5, I think) albums, one for each of the six learning and development headings for the children to look at.

Miffy xx

Ooh! I like that idea!:thumbsup:

Loocyloo, I think I'll do mine over a long period of time by photographing the toys when they're out to be played with anyway. I may never get started otherwise :blush:
Can even let the older children browse the photos on the computer and give IT time too!

miffy
15-08-2010, 08:43 PM
I think I'll do mine over a long period of time by photographing the toys when they're out to be played with anyway.

That's what I've been doing - they're still on the memory stick! :blush:

Miffy xx

jo f
15-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I started to do this ages ago and never finished! I think its a big hit with ofsted

Tink
16-08-2010, 06:27 AM
This is something I have put together it has taken me ages but I've finaly got there.
I've got a baby section with all the baby toys etc, an outdoor section, then toys for different ages.

The children love looking through and then deciding what they would like to play with.
I put this together as my toys are upstairs in my dd's playroom, so the children cannot access all the toys, this works perfect for me.

Good luck putting yours together:D

watgem
17-08-2010, 03:16 PM
I tried a book but the children weren't really interested, now I have them on a board displayed at child height and they really like this, its really good for non-verbal children too.

patevans
17-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Funnily enough I have just fetched my photos out and started to sort them out, dont know the best way to list them all though :huh:

NickyKD
17-08-2010, 03:48 PM
I was told on my induction meeting that ofsted like seeing a book with photos of your toys in. I was thinking of starting mine now as there are so many will take forever. Hopefully might have finished by the time i am registered and ofsted come for a visit.