PDA

View Full Version : Maternity leave?

BlondeMoment
15-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Minders! :)

Just wondering if any of you have had to take a maternity leave and what happens? I'm not pregnant yet but am planning to be in the next year or so and I'm wondering if we are entitled to any sort of statutory maternity pay?

Or does anyone know where I can find out about self employment and mat leave?

I probably woud'nt take very long. Just perhaps 3 or 4 months to make sure I'm OK and baby is OK and give us a little time to settle into our own routines etc.

Any help would be great?

Lisa

Roseolivia
15-08-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm going on maternity leave in November and am planning on taking 9mths.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018869

Look on here and it'll explain all about maternity benefits

daisyboo1980
15-08-2010, 06:26 PM
im on maternity leave at the min im 2 days over due ,
contact your job center and get forms for maternity allowance its £124 a week if ur self employed

im taking my full 9 months of not sure if i will start back or get a job yet but have to april to sort it out

best of luck xx

BlondeMoment
16-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm going on maternity leave in November and am planning on taking 9mths.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/BenefitsTaxCreditsAndOtherSupport/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018869

Look on here and it'll explain all about maternity benefits

Thats incredibly helpful! Thank you x

BlondeMoment
16-08-2010, 09:54 AM
im on maternity leave at the min im 2 days over due ,
contact your job center and get forms for maternity allowance its £124 a week if ur self employed

im taking my full 9 months of not sure if i will start back or get a job yet but have to april to sort it out

best of luck xx

Thank you! I'm really hoping not to lose any mindees but it's understandable that they'll get settled elsewhere isn't it :(

Hope your wait isn't too long. My friend went a week overdue and was going mad lol

Lyns123
16-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't want to lose mindee's either so i'm only taking 6 weeks, plus i can't pay all my bills on the £124 mat allowance.

BlondeMoment
17-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't want to lose mindee's either so i'm only taking 6 weeks, plus i can't pay all my bills on the £124 mat allowance.

It's not alot is it! Will be incredibly hard having to start all over again finding mindees. May need to plan some serious saving. Thing is this will be my first baby so I dare not only take 6 weeks