PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed by this!

sarah707
03-04-2008, 11:04 AM
From the Children and Young People Now website... :(

http://www.cypnow.co.uk/news/ByDiscipline/Education/login/799405/

Minnie Minx
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
omg we will paying out far more then we earn if this government get their way. Ofsted's charges and ncma are bad enough :censored:

xxx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-04-2008, 11:30 AM
OMG this is not fair why do we have to keep paying out money like this.

It is no wonder alot of childminders are giving up.

It makes me mad :angry:

Lorraine xx

anneriddington
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Co what is the difference between ISA and CRB isnt it checking on the same things?:(

jmoff
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
lovely!:angry:

any more charges?:angry: !!!

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
:censored: That is totally out of bloo*y order!
We have too much to folk out for as it is!
Anyway, we have already been checked fo rthis so why have we got to pay them again for what????

I couldn't read the whole article - is it a one of payment? or do we reigister and then pay some every year?

katickles
03-04-2008, 11:55 AM
It seems crazy all the different fees we are required to pay :angry:

Noodles
03-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Jesus if they take much more off us we will be paying them and not earning anything infact why dont we just hand over all of our money to the government :angry:

Saz
03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
"Professionals working with children and young people are to be hit with a fee of £64 to join the government's safeguarding register."

Blimey, this just puts off new minders - more expense!:eek:

sarah707
03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I registered.. this is what it says in full...

Children's workers to pay fee for safeguarding register

Children & Young People Now by Tom Lloyd

2 April 2008

Professionals working with children and young people are to be hit with a fee of £64 to join the government's safeguarding register.

From October 2009, anyone who works in the sector, other than volunteers, will have to pay the one-off charge to the newly formed Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA).

The ISA was set up in January to stop unsuitable adults from working with children and young people. The body has its own barring criteria that will be used to determine if someone poses a risk.

The £64 fee consists of £28 to register with the ISA, and £36 for an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check. ISA chairman Roger Singleton said: "This is a complex scheme that will cover 11.3 million people within a wide variety of workplaces. Starting in 2009 will allow us to ensure an improved level of safeguarding as well as the development of better information sharing systems."

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks Sarah X

But I am having those checks done now?
So in a years time I will need to have it done again - a one off check????
It's stupid!

Cammie Doodle
03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
OMG how much more are we supposed to pay out and be checked??/:panic:
I agree we need to ensure children are being cared for by decent law abiding citizens, but we must be more throroughly checked than most anyway:eek:

ma7ie
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
At the moment I've only got one mindee for 25 hours a week. I'm going to be paying out all the money coming in at this rate.:(

Monkey1
03-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm all for safeguarding but surely they could waver the fee for existing minders!

MissTinkerbell
03-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Hang on - isn't that what our CRB checks are for? I'm all for safeguarding children but if we've already been checked and cleared by CRB, how is another check going to help, apart from making this greedy Government some more money.

So far I've paid out £50 and haven't even become completely registered yet, so haven't paid NCMA or my local CMA fees yet. How many other people have to fork out at least £120 to just do their job?

miffy
03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
At this rate we'll be lucky to break even never mind earn a living

Thanks Sarah this is the first i'd heard of this

miffy xx

charleyfarley
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Might as well get parents to pay my wages straight to them then.

Carol xx

Trouble
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
i am not paying anything else out to anyone

everything is going up even the lawn man told me today his rates are going up

so if anything else goes up today i will scream and you will hear me down south:eek:

littlewonders
03-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Do all childminders get the CRB checks done free? Or is it just my area? As I am thinking if it is all childminders then maybe this extra fee will be met by ofsted or whoever currently pay for the CRB's to be done.
You would hope that they have some sympathy for childminders not earning the same as schools/nurseries etc :huh: xx

edsmum
04-04-2008, 07:51 AM
thats ridiculas what with ofsted talking about putting their registration fees up to i'm not sure its worth ding i'm only getting 90 in fees at the moment cas i've not been going long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i've also heard that our local council in stafford istying to get it passed that anyone who uses their car to carry passengers for work purposses has o pay the same fees as a taxi driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm also a member of the guiding movement and if its free for volunteers i'll not pay their but feel it should be free for us too as we already pay out enough i'm all for safe guarding children but what would we be actually paying for???????????????????????????? just so more of our personal data can be lost on a disc probably!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruby
04-04-2008, 02:26 PM
i am definitley not impressed with this

we already pay out enough to different people as it is

as I already have 3 crb checks (guiding, care worker and childminder ) why would i need another one and more importantly have to pay for it

it won't be worth working soon

cathy

son77
04-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Well thats just bl**dy great isnt it.

Surely they shoudnt treat us small business's the same as larger companies, we just cant afford it.

What would the gov prefer, us to be providing a service to parents or the be on the dole spending other people's taxes instead?

Outrageous :angry:

Banana
04-04-2008, 02:59 PM
oh well - looks like we'll all have to start making childcare unafordable for parents soon, then we will have the knock on effect of mums not going back to work cause childminders are paying stupid fee's for x,y and z. Cant keep our prices low when the government keeps coming up with new money making ideas for themselves!

x

son77
04-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Yeh, we'll put our prices up to cover all the costs but then parents will just send the kids to nurseries instead.

Cant win.

Banana
04-04-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeh, we'll put our prices up to cover all the costs but then parents will just send the kids to nurseries instead.

Cant win.

Naff isnt it!

x

ChocolateChip
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I bet none of the staff in my local pre=school have to pay it, and not being funny 'cos they are all lovely and do a great job, but when I mention National standards and things they don't seem to have a clue! And they are paid by the Gov. as it's part of school.
Seems like we have to know more and have more responsibility than everyone else for c**p money.
As Sarah said NOT IMPRESSED :angry:

deeb66
14-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Can't say I was either when I read this.

Yet another bill we will be expected to pay :angry:

Spangles
14-04-2008, 01:50 PM
The only consolation is that it looks like it's just a one-off payment I guess but I agree with everyone else.

£64 is a lot of hours work for us - 18.5 hours for me just to pay that!

Rubybubbles
14-04-2008, 06:57 PM
what a load of:censored:

nuff said

Heather
17-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Ive found one way of reducing what i pay out might interest others who need to .It isnt only ncma who can insure us.Ive gone to Morton and michel

sarah707
17-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Ive found one way of reducing what i pay out might interest others who need to .It isnt only ncma who can insure us.Ive gone to Morton and michel

Yes quite a few of us use them... I've been with them for 14 years!

It's great to mention them again though for new members, although both insurers have their benefits of course... :D