PDA

View Full Version : to insure or not to insure?

eviesnanny
13-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Would it be so very bad if I just didn't bother to change my house contents insurance. Considering we are not supposed to let the mindees out of our sight exactly what damage are they supposed to cause!

rickysmiths
14-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Would it be so very bad if I just didn't bother to change my house contents insurance. Considering we are not supposed to let the mindees out of our sight exactly what damage are they supposed to cause!

It would be very stupid not to tell your insurance company because if you ever had to make a claim in the future and you hadn't told them you could find yourself uninsured when you need to make a cliam.

You also need to inform your Mortgage Company if you have one or get written permission of you Landlord if you have one. If you live in a Leasehold Flat or house you will need the written consent of your Freeholder or if you have a share in your Freehold you will need the written consent of the Board of Directors of the Freehold Company.

sarak31
15-08-2010, 07:07 AM
Yep - think there is a clause in most insurance policies that if you don't let them know any changes it invalidates the whole insurance policy. So not about the little breakages etc but if you are burgled / flooded etc etc you won't be able to claim if they find out you haven't told them something.

FussyElmo
15-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Although it hurts to say this as I have just had a nightmare with my insurance compnay if I hadn't had the right sort of insurance it would have invaliditied (sp) my claim.

Believe me they check for any reason not to pay :thumbsup:

eviesnanny
15-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Thank you ladies. I will definitely be phoning my insurance company tomorrow and apparently my mortgage company! There are so many things to consider. Just when you think you've understood everything and got it all sorted something else pops up.