PDA

View Full Version : Newsletters!!

Jules12Wed
13-08-2010, 06:11 PM
I have just been away on holiday and returned on Monday but still had the rest of the week booked off as my hubby was off.

Tuesday morning I am still getting ready not dressed, hair not done etc when I heard the doorbell go. It was 9.15 I looked out of the window and saw a green car, next my son comes upstairs and says 'Mum Ben and his Dad are at the door'. I threw some clothes on and went downstairs.

I had to say to the Dad did you think I was back at work today, he said why aren't you. I said no it was very embarrassing, not sure who was more embarrassed him or me. I was supposed to have his other son on Thursday. I did say that if your desperate I will have him as we are just staying around the house but he said no it was okay.

I had clearly in my last 3 or 4 newsletters put my holiday dates so he clearly hadn't read it properly!!

Hebs
13-08-2010, 06:23 PM
i had this last week with one of my families

had it in my last few newsletters plus given them a list of my holiday dates for the next year but dad seemed shocked when i mentioned i was looking forward to me holiday in a few weeks time!

Lol
13-08-2010, 06:30 PM
I verbally told each family when my holidays were and at the same time gave each of them a piece of paper detailing my holiday dates, then I put a reminder in my newsletter and still one family asked me when my holidays were!!:eek:

TammyN
13-08-2010, 06:37 PM
this is a familiar scene with me too :angry: they obviously don't read or at least read and wrip the news letters and memo's i send out!
i am now off for 1 week and have reminded all of my parents this week, i bet someone turns up :)

ChocolateChip
13-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Had a similar thing, gave all the parents a letter ages ago with my hols on, newsletters, chatting about where we were going in the playground, reminders etc. On the Friday before one of the parents said I've forgotten to get your money (again :mad: ) can I give it to you on Monday?
So I said Ok but can you put it in an envelope in case we're not here as lots to do. The reply-
Are you not having him on Monday then?

:angry: :rolleyes: :angry:

Makes me wonder if she had paid me, would she have turned up on the doorstep?

carol cameron
14-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Last year I gave my families my holiday dates for the year in a newsletter in January and July.I reminded them all verbally and on the Friday when I last had the children said to everyone "See you in two weeks". I went away for a long weekend with my friend and on Monday morning got a phone call from my husband saying "the doorbell went at 8am this morning and it was one of your mindees and his dad" . Best thing was though Dad wasn't working and mum was on maternity leave....:)

Jules12Wed
14-08-2010, 06:05 PM
It makes me really cross and a complete waste of my time and effort preparing newsletters etc when then are clearly not read!!:angry: