PDA

View Full Version : Pogp printers - honest opinions

FussyElmo
13-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Im seriously considering buying one but dont want to buy and think what a waste of money.

So honest opinions please.

Do you think they are good/bad?
Was it a phase that you used it and now dont?
Whats the quality like - will i be thinking should have gone to Asda?

Toothfairy
13-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I love mine.

They are fab for EYFS folders, learning journals and daily diary's.

The only down side is the battery only holds enough charge to print off 2-3 photo's before you have to charge it again.

AliceK
13-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I've just ordered one today. Not sure how I'm going to get along with it I print off approx 10 pics a day for diaries.

xxxx

Cammie Doodle
13-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Carolyn has one and the only complaint I have heard is the charging as Toothfairy has mentioned too.
I have just purchased one (not used it as yet) for son's wedding reception so that a photo can be printed and stuck in the Guest book next to signatures/ messages, thought it would be a nice keepsake to look back on in years to come

Chimps Childminding
13-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I am hoping it will save me a fortune in ink!!! My printer has 4 separate cartridges, and they all seem to go at the same time so it costs me about £30 to change them all. June has found 70 sheets of pogo paper for about £12 on line, so I am hoping it will be cheaper than printing the small pictures out on my printer and they are just the right size to peel off and stick on our obs sheets :D !!! Time will tell :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
13-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I love mine :clapping: And so did Mrs Ofsted at my inspection :thumbsup:

I just have mine plugged in so I can print off the photos as battery life is short.

Carol xx

naomiesian
13-08-2010, 05:04 PM
I wish I had bought one sooner its fab, so easy and handy...
Would highly recommend..

lou lou
13-08-2010, 05:10 PM
i would not be without mine it is brill so good for doing observations and i am allways up to date with it as i do my printing off weekly

Cammie Doodle
13-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I love mine :clapping: And so did Mrs Ofsted at my inspection :thumbsup:

I just have mine plugged in so I can print off the photos as battery life is short.

Carol xx

Ah will need to remember that , thanks

angeldelight
13-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Think I want one now

Love gadgets so I am surprised I dont already have one :laughing:

Angel xx

aly
13-08-2010, 05:19 PM
I loved the idea of one, but when I bought mine im just not happy...i've only used the pack that came with it and its streaking {which is a common problem} but not interested in it now...so I'm selling mine.

My camera and printer are fab especially when my separate inks are really cheap just bought 3 complete sets for £15.,really cheap.

Toothfairy
13-08-2010, 05:56 PM
If the photo starts to streak, just run the blue card through and it clears it straight away.

funemnx
13-08-2010, 06:16 PM
I love mine - printed off a picture of all of my shoes and now I can see which shoes are in which box!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pipsqueak
13-08-2010, 06:19 PM
I love mine too - I just leave it plugged in for the majority of the time as the charge on it is pants. I would say that its claim to be 'mobile' - ie take it out with you is perhaps a falsie.
I have had no problems other than that with mine, no streaking etc.
Its really handy as I take lots of pix on my phone when I am out and about and its so easy just to print them off.
I am trying to figure out how to get bluetooth on the PC and so I send some of my fav pix to the printer.

Dragonfly
13-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Okay how do they work? no idea myself, do you put your cameras memory card in them? seem to be all different prices, if you were buying one what would you need to buy with it and which one? as you can tell not into electronics but people keep praising these and its costing me a fortune in Boots developing photos!

funemnx
13-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Okay how do they work? no idea myself, do you put your cameras memory card in them? seem to be all different prices, if you were buying one what would you need to buy with it and which one? as you can tell not into electronics but people keep praising these and its costing me a fortune in Boots developing photos!

The easiest way is to bluetooth from your mobile phone but you can link with the cable from your digital camera to the pogo. Only takes a minute to print a picture :thumbsup:

zillervalley
13-08-2010, 07:05 PM
wish I have learned about it sooner they are great

funemnx
13-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Amazon have the best price (through the forum) and Play.com are best for the paper x

aly
13-08-2010, 07:17 PM
If the photo starts to streak, just run the blue card through and it clears it straight away.
i've done that god knows how many times but still not perfect.....its probably me.

x

Gizmo
13-08-2010, 09:04 PM
I love mine and now all the local minders have got them but I do just plug mine in when I want to print :thumbsup:

funfunfun
13-08-2010, 09:36 PM
I love myn !!!!!!!!

Use it everyday ...............have found though since buying the paper price has gone up x

curlycathy
13-08-2010, 09:37 PM
I absolutely love mine and tend to keep in plugged in to use, altho have taken it out a couple of times. Can't explain how bluetooth works tho - we think it flies thru the air on the back of tiny tiny unicorns, lands in the printer where a little man waits with a paintbrush (prove me wrong)!!!!!:laughing:

clio0602
13-08-2010, 11:21 PM
Love mine. Not the best quality (although that may just be my phone) but great for LJ's :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
14-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Thanks and might just have to go and treat myself then :thumbsup:

bekki0405
14-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Love mine, although I couldn't get the bluetooth thing to work, probably me. I use it for learning journals and for kids sleepover. Kids get to take their pics home with them, and stick them up:laughing:

ruby
14-08-2010, 03:14 PM
haven't used mine yet as its not compatable with my digitial camera so will need to but another one

hopefully will get around to doing so soon

cathy

moljak
14-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I absolutely love mine and tend to keep in plugged in to use, altho have taken it out a couple of times. Can't explain how bluetooth works tho - we think it flies thru the air on the back of tiny tiny unicorns, lands in the printer where a little man waits with a paintbrush (prove me wrong)!!!!!:laughing:

Well that's what happens when I send a pic from laptop to wireless printer so i don't see why not with pogo :D