PDA

View Full Version : help plz car insurance

hollyoaksmad
13-08-2010, 03:19 PM
I have been told different answers that i need business insurance

I explained to my insurance company Quinn Direct they said i would not need it but then i said iv been told to he said il add it up £61 extra

what has everyone else done?

is it a dif insurance i need?

gigglinggoblin
13-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I have:

insurance for childminding with Morton Michel
business car insurance
home insurance (buildings and contents) which is not business insurance but you have to check they allow you to work from home, some dont

watgem
13-08-2010, 03:36 PM
I just have my public liability with MM and my house etc with direct line who didn't charge me extra for being a childminder.

hollyoaksmad
13-08-2010, 03:43 PM
SORRY I MEANT CAR INSURANCE LOL

sarah707
13-08-2010, 03:56 PM
You must have business class 1 insurance if you are driving children in your car.

You do not need any more than class 1.

You can get it from most insurance companies but yes it may cost you more.

Is that what you mean? :D

hollyoaksmad
13-08-2010, 03:57 PM
yes thanx sarah :)x

Mookins
13-08-2010, 04:19 PM
the trouble ive been having getting our insurance changed to have business:panic:

they wanted over £100 extra...but then it turned out that i was doing a very new quote for me and hubby where i have no no claims etc etc

im currently on hubbys insurance and he has about 7yrs no claims so we just have to add it on to his for both of us and its actualy less as its due for re-newal

WOHOOOOOOO

xx

VINASOL
13-08-2010, 04:39 PM
hi
im with tesco, and i called them and explained that i was a childminder and they included it use free of charge and sent me a new certificate.

house iinsurance was a nightmare as a lot of companies wouldnt' insure me, but got it through MM too!

rickysmiths
13-08-2010, 07:40 PM
hi
im with tesco, and i called them and explained that i was a childminder and they included it use free of charge and sent me a new certificate.

hougotse iinsurance was a nightmare as a lot of companies wouldnt' insure me, but it through MM too!

I've been with churchill for years, won't insure you for Accidental Damage caused by the mindees now. (crossing fingers:blush: ) In 17yrs of minding I have never felt the need to make a claim as a result of a mindee and in fact never have for my own family. We have to risk assess everything to such a degree I feel there is little likelyhood of there being an accidental breakage that would be so expensive it would be worth claiming. We have a very expensive piano and clocks in the house as well. The only breakages I have had have been small and covered by Wear and Tear.

On one occassion I had a 12yr old who borrowed my ds Oxford Picture Dictionary for home work, she had a hissy fit and deliberately threw the book on the floor and broke its spine. Ds was so upset at what she did. The book was thick and cost £30 to relplace. I invoiced the childs parents for a new book and when they paid I gave them the broken one.

Sorry meant to say I have Churchill Car Insurance as well and have never paid extra for business cover. I have a Skoda Octavia Diesel, I have been driving for 37 yrs having had my own car and insurance for 27yrs of that. I pay £236pa.