PDA

View Full Version : A bit early?

heatherw
13-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Ive just seen an advert on childcare.co.uk for someone whos baby is due in nov and requires childcare from sept 2011! I know some people are organised but that is a bit extreme.

coffee-time
13-08-2010, 03:12 PM
wow does she realise she may have to pay a retainer!! lol:laughing:

Cammie Doodle
13-08-2010, 05:16 PM
lol maybe she want a Childminder to do the labour and delivery for her :laughing:

funemnx
13-08-2010, 06:50 PM
I've done this before, not charged a retainer, but she was aware that another family may come along in the meantime. It worked out well though and I feel that I don't turn down work (just in case) :thumbsup:

Hebs
13-08-2010, 07:15 PM
i have a mum wanting childcare from Jan, at the moment i dont have a space but we know what this job can be like so she is waiting to see if that changes

:D oh to be in demand :laughing:

miffy
13-08-2010, 08:41 PM
She obviously likes to be organised! :)

Miffy xx

Chimps Childminding
13-08-2010, 10:15 PM
I have one due in December and "booked in" with me for next summer :clapping: Mind you it is the brother (or sister) of a current mindee so a bit different :D

charleyfarley
14-08-2010, 05:52 AM
I had someone visit me back in April, baby is due to be born this month and he is booked in to start with me March 1st next year.

Carol xx

crazyhazy
14-08-2010, 04:01 PM
I've had a baby booked in to start in march for a couple of months now, which I thought was well planned, but then i got a call a few weeks ago for a baby to come next june.

sillysausage
14-08-2010, 06:08 PM
I've got a little boy lined up for Sept 2011 too for when he goes to school (currently at private day nursery but mum not entirely happy, though not unhappy enough to pull him out, particularly as there isn't much alternative childcare available near me). Currently mum's working hours do not compliment the space/hours that I can offer, but if things change in the meantime (eg change in children here or if she can change what days she works) she says she wants a space sooner. In the meantime I'm keeping in touch, letting them join us on the odd outing (park etc) so that I become a familiar face.....and you never know where the next recommendation will come from ;)

Gizmo
14-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I had one mum-to-be call me when she was 4 mths preg I did tell her to call me back once she had had baby.
You cant take a retainer for a child that hasnt been born :)