PDA

View Full Version : Intro to daily diary

KarenM
13-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Just starting my first daily diary and wanted to put a few sentences at the beginning to explain it to the parents and hopefully encourage them to also contribute. But I'm stuck for words without it sounding too 'wordy'. Can anyone help give me an idea of what to put in?

Waveawand
13-08-2010, 11:54 AM
maybe something like this : to provide a two-way communication of childs daily needs/activities.

Personally - I just explained we needed it for Ofsted to show we were meeting the six areas( most of them dont read it and will sign a daily sheet) my parents have never taken a diary home as they dont want to do it so I have them sign a sheet at pickup time. if you want a copy of what I use pm me. best wishes:)

Mollymop
13-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I just explain to the parents when thye come to collect that it is for you to tell them what has happened during the day and for them to write bits and pieces in they want to share as well. I 'd tell them that they get to keep it at the end and it is a nice keepsake to read when the children are older.

My parents have always been really happy to have daily diaries. One of my parents knows when I have forgotten to put the diary in mindees bag she askes me the next day and says she misses it, she reads it every night without fail! She loves it.

:D

Waveawand
13-08-2010, 12:08 PM
I guess it all depends are what sort of parents you've got ! They are all so different !:)

flowerpots
13-08-2010, 12:27 PM
'parents are childrens first and most enduring educators. when parents and practitioners work together in early years settings, the results have a positive impact on the childrens development and learning'
(extract from eyfs)

then just a bit about what i will record and encouragment for them to recoed anything exciting/important.

hth :)

miffy
13-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I do my daily diary on a sheet too - parents get to read it when they pick up and sign the bottom, there's also a space for them to comment.

Sending a book home is a gamble depending on the type of parents you've got - it might get lost or they might leave it behind.

If you want to do a book look at the eyfs cards about working with parents and extract a few quotes from there and then just explain what you will be putting in the diary.

Miffy xx

KarenM
14-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I explained to parent and she said she had issues before forgetting to bring it back so doesn't want to take it anyway. :rolleyes:

shelly2012
14-08-2010, 10:29 AM
My parents didn't want a diary too so Ive just got i filled in and ive just kept it at mine.

cas2805
14-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Got this in mine:

This diary is a record of my day
so you can see how I have fun and play
What I have done and where I have been
Who I met and what I've seen

You can see at a peep
what time I lay down and went to sleep
what I ate and what I drank
and the number of nappies that sometimes stank!

Please don't glance and close this book
go on be daring and have a look
When you finished don't be shy
add your own notes and don't ask why

Months from now we will read this book
and laugh a lot at the little time it took
It will make us smile and make us grin
and be glad we had these little pages to look back in

karensmart4
14-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Got this in mine:

This diary is a record of my day
so you can see how I have fun and play
What I have done and where I have been
Who I met and what I've seen

You can see at a peep
what time I lay down and went to sleep
what I ate and what I drank
and the number of nappies that sometimes stank!

Please don't glance and close this book
go on be daring and have a look
When you finished don't be shy
add your own notes and don't ask why

Months from now we will read this book
and laugh a lot at the little time it took
It will make us smile and make us grin
and be glad we had these little pages to look back in

I use this one too, I think it's quite nice and friendly but at the same time says whats expected :thumbsup:

shelly2012
22-08-2010, 08:59 AM
That it so nice I love it.