PDA

View Full Version : On a downer.

lady boss
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Hi all,

As some of you know i have my first mindees startiing soon.
8yr old next week for half term and 1yr old full timer starts end of April.
I had a lady due to come and visit me for the first time this afternoon about minding her 5mth old, she has just called and said sorry but her friend has said she will look after her! Also the lady that came to visit on Tues still hasnt got back to me. I think i put her off as when she asked if i smoked i said no but my husband does but never in the house. I think this may have out her off, i wanted to be honest but i'm thinking that i wont hear from her again now.
Sorry to have a moan, it's just that things seemed to be taking off so good and now all seems to have come to a stand still. Saying that i guess i am lucky to have got the ones i have got and try and stay positive.
I'm feeling like i just want to get started now.

Thanks for listening x

Minnie Minx
03-04-2008, 10:27 AM
oh hun, hugs to you. If i were you i'd start advertising heavily. Libraries, schools, playgroups, gp surgerys, shops etc. Fingers crossed that you get some mindees soon

xxx

lady boss
03-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Ah thank you, i will get on to it x x

sarah707
03-04-2008, 10:30 AM
It can be really hard to get started... but don't blame yourself or think it's because of something you have said or done.

Parents have a host of reasons for not getting back to us... mostly because if they find somewhere else for their child we go immediately to the bottom of their list of priorities :(

LittleMissSparkles
03-04-2008, 10:33 AM
keep your chin up babe, there are ups and downs but it will be worth the wait xxx

angeldelight
03-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Keep smiling it sounds like you are doing everything right and at least you have some children to mind

Hugs to you

Angel xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Chin up I am sure you will fill your spaces soon, just advertise everywhere you can think of and tell as many people as you can, word will soon get round that you are a cm.

Good luck

Lorraine xx

Mollymop
03-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Poor you. Sorry you feel fed up.
I hope something else turns up soon. Maybe when you are next asked if you smoke, tell them the truth "no, you don't"
The friend is going to look after the little one? For money i expect, i doubt she would do it for nothing, it's not as if she is family or anything and that is illegal.

katickles
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Just wanted to say that I hope things pick up for you. At least with the mindees that you've got you get to start off gently, so your not thrown in right at the deep end with lots of littlies to mind straight away.

Don't feel down about it, your obviously doing something right to get the ones you've got. :)

lady boss
03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Thank you so much for all your words of encouragment.:) x

wendywu
03-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Poor you, tell your husband he has to give up, and the money he saves he can give to you to cover the loss of earnings he has caused.:laughing: As well as being better for him.

Look see i can even nag on line and people i dont even know:laughing: