PDA

View Full Version : Cats pooing all over my garden

edayhouse
13-08-2010, 07:54 AM
Good morning
I have got quite a large garden, 1/2 is covered in bark and the other 1/2 is in grass - we are having lots of problems with the local cats using our garden (generally the grass) as a pooing ground!

What can i buy to deter them? Any advice please

Thanks
x

LiMaltby
13-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi

I used to have this problem so can sympathise with you, not very nice especially when you have kiddies wanting to play out.

I researched a lot and wanted a humane way to stop them. I planted lots of lavendar around the garden as they don't like the smell of it, I also made a spray up of water and vinegar and sprayed this around daily. This helped to deter them a little so in the end I bought some green gel stuff called Get Off from Home Bargains, this along with my other methods seemed to clear them off for good.

I waffled on a bit but hope it gives you some ideas
:laughing:

heatherw
13-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Buy a dog!

Not very helpful but it would solve the problem!

margaret
13-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Electric cat scarer from B&Q about £25.00 works wonders.High pitched screech which cats hate.I switch it of during day as young children can hear it .Cruel sounding i know but why should i clear up after other peoples cats when i dont even have one.Garden is always clear now and im happy.

ORKSIE
13-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Get a cat of your own.
They dont poop in their own garden and they wont allow others to either.

or you can buy Tiger poo off the net and this keeps them away too apparently:thumbsup:

HTH
xx

Mookins
13-08-2010, 08:33 AM
theres something on ebay called cat shoo

plant it either straight in the ground or pots and put round ya garden

xxx

watgem
13-08-2010, 09:25 AM
I had this problem and tried everything but nothing worked for long so in the end I got rid of the grass and playbark and put a surface down, now I just have to check the flower tubs for poo.

edayhouse
13-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for replies - going off down to DIY store tomorrow and going to try out some other ideas too.

It is totally stressing me out as they seem to love my garden!!

~Chelle~
13-08-2010, 02:35 PM
A machine gun!!:D

Sorry but just had to say that, fed up with cats pooing in our garden too, tried all sorts and they still do it grrrrrr:angry:

teacake2
13-08-2010, 02:46 PM
I made my neighbour get rid of one of those screeching things, the minute she put one in her garden I was constantly taking my cats to the vets as its was making them have very bad ears and the cats were in agony, took advice from RSPCA and they are trying to get them banned. Got some plants off ebay for the neighbour and she planted them in the garden and now the cats don't go near, can't remember the name but good reputable plant sellers have it, also you can get a lemon balm plant that the cats will not go near.
Teacake2

Cammie Doodle
13-08-2010, 03:58 PM
A machine gun!!:D

Sorry but just had to say that, fed up with cats pooing in our garden too, tried all sorts and they still do it grrrrrr:angry:

My Hubby would agree with you.
Carolyn and I have bought spikes for fences, cat shoo plants etc etc and we still have the little blighters pooing on the lawn in flower beds:etc angry: We are planning on having a Boxer Puppy at the end of the year , fingers crossed that will cure it

Carpet Monkeys
13-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Do drink tea? Do you have any Olbas Oil?

If so, used dried tea bags, with lots of Olbas Oil on them scattered around the perimeter of your garden ... works wonders :)

I think the plant is a curry plant, can't quite remember!

louised
13-08-2010, 05:27 PM
I have had the same problem but with my own cat. We tried everything and the only solution we have found is to mow the lawn very regularly and keep the grass short, as soon as our grass gets even a centimetre longer than usual it starts again. Unfortunately for my neighbours the cat must be doing it in their gardens if he's not doing it in ours:blush:

Spangles
13-08-2010, 06:41 PM
We have this problem too.

I've got a cat of my own and he's not stopping the others using our garden as a toilet!

The other day our house stank of cat poo as the smell came in through the open windows, it was totally gross!

Last year we put small wooden poles in and attached a net over it where they poo, it worked wonders - doesn't look very attractive though. We thought they'd stopped and took it off a couple of months ago but they're back with a vengeance again now! Aaaaagh! It's disgusting.

blue bear
13-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I put out slices of lemon and curry powder, need to do it every day for a little while but the cats soon stayed away.

angeldelight
13-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Buy a dog!

Not very helpful but it would solve the problem!

I must have a daft dog then because she just seems to chase them then sits there and makes friends with them when they come back :laughing:

We now have 6 cats in our garden 3 of them being kittens :eek: :eek:

Wish they would go and poo somewhere else

Angel xx