PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help name my business?

moljak
12-08-2010, 10:24 PM
After much though and deliberation I am coming round to the thought of naming my business.I've been told it will look nicer on my website too which is in the process of being designed.I'm really stumped thoug.I've researched locally so obviously don't want to tread on any toes and would like to use my name
Jayne :thumbsup:

So anyone got any ideas???

Jayne's ???????? or ????????? Jayne's.

Please don't anyone say Jolly Jayne's as I've had that suggested and makes me want to run( I've lost weight recenlty and was often told I was jolly when larger, want to keep away from that now thank you )

christine e
13-08-2010, 06:08 AM
Think it is going to be hard sticking with the J

Jayne's JumpingJacks

Best of luck - this is not something I am good at - sure someone will be along shortly with some good suggestions

Cx

zoe2010
13-08-2010, 06:17 AM
Jayne's Jellytots ???? i know odd but it was the 1st thing that sprung to mind lol i had the same thing when i was trying to name my buisness in the end i decided not to use my name as not alot goes with zoe :laughing:

Hebs
13-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Jayne's Lil Jesters

Jackanory Janye

love381
13-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Used to have somebody who'd say "Just Go Jane's", but she never named her business that. I guess you could do something similar. x

auntym
13-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Janes little gems
Jaynes joys
Aunt jaynes
Sorry cant think any more lol

watgem
13-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Jaynes's juniors? Jaynes place?

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Where do you live? road/area and what is your surname?

I have been trying to come up with something for 10 years and it is still "Debbie's Childminding Services".

moljak
13-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Where do you live? road/area and what is your surname?

I have been trying to come up with something for 10 years and it is still "Debbie's Childminding Services".

Hmm something to think about.I have Acres in my Address.maybe

Acres acorns or something like that.Oh this is soooo hard

moljak
13-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the other ideas.Thinking hard here !!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
13-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Hmm something to think about.I have Acres in my Address.maybe

Acres acorns or something like that.Oh this is soooo hard

Jaycres came to mind or Green Acres, Dream Acres

It is very hard :laughing:

ladybug
13-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Jaynes tots?
I love ladybirds so mine is Ladybugs!
Little Acres?
Jaynes Little Acorns!

Its so tough but will keep thinkin!

Cammie Doodle
13-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Jaynes Juniors

moljak
13-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Why's it so hard?

Should I just stick with Jayne (surname) childminder?

Stillgoingstrong
13-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Why's it so hard?

Should I just stick with Jayne (surname) childminder?

I'm Kathleen Bourne Ofsted Childminder... Guess what my name is??:jump for joy:
I have also put it on a google website (wouldn't recommend a google one) as
Maidstone Childminder... Guess where I live??:jump for joy:

moljak
13-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm Kathleen Bourne Ofsted Childminder... Guess what my name is??:jump for joy:
I have also put it on a google website (wouldn't recommend a google one) as
Maidstone Childminder... Guess where I live??:jump for joy:

hehe think I'm going back to my name rather than a business name.Feel it fit's me better.Had uite a few giggles through the day asking family and friends.Some have been just awful suggestions lol

Gizmo
13-08-2010, 09:59 PM
I have been thinking about this lately too but have ended up with Joys house or Joys Childminding service mmmmm

moljak
13-08-2010, 10:11 PM
I have been thinking about this lately too but have ended up with Joys house or Joys Childminding service mmmmm

It is surprisingly difficult.Think it was easier naming my children lol

Kes
14-08-2010, 08:58 AM
How about something simple like Jayne's Childcare service.
Otherwise go with something different from your name. I'm Little Monkeys because when I set my business up its what I used to call my youngest son.
Do you have a favourite animal? Pet name etc.

Dare4Distance
14-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Mine was easy to name, my name is Jodie but my nephew who's 3 has always called me JoJo so I just called my service JoJo's Childcare :D

SamBaker
14-08-2010, 10:19 AM
I couldnt come up with a name either using my name, my husband came up with a few but really couldnt use them lol Sam's Little s.... you get the idea lol:laughing: So my business name is Tiddleypeeps Childcare, if you watch the hoobs on channel 4, you know where I get it from but as alot of people dont, they just give me a funny look!

Good luck I'm sure something will just spring to mind when you are not thinking about it.

karensmart4
14-08-2010, 12:37 PM
I go with Zoe2010, Jayne's jellytots... :D I like that one.

I'm LittleImps, :thumbsup:

moljak
14-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Ok I'm kind of mulling over

Jayne (surname) childminder and

Acres Explorers ( Acres is the second part of my streat name)

Just feel really weird giving myself a name when I live in a small village.will people think I'm up myself?

sandy64
14-08-2010, 05:16 PM
it is so hard i stuck to sandy's childcare as it was easy and little ones call me sandy keep it simple write lots on paper then pick final 3 out of a hat lol:laughing:

moljak
14-08-2010, 07:09 PM
Well I've decided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A friend suggested it within 30 secs of me asking and it just fit.

going to be mean though and save it for the big unveiling when my website is finished.Hope thats ok.Shouldn't be too long :)

selena 31
14-08-2010, 08:29 PM
What about jungle jayne's
jayne's playdays

newandlearning
14-08-2010, 10:01 PM
how about...

Jayne's Gems (a childminding service)

gosh.. took me 10 mins.. to ponder if that sounds ok :eek:

moljak
14-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Thankyou for all your suggestions :)

have to say I've enjoyed clicking on your own website links and having a browse.Some fab websites :thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
15-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Jingle Jayne's?

littlemiracles
16-08-2010, 01:50 PM

Just a thought but how about "The House Of Joy"

wyetots
16-08-2010, 05:26 PM
i live by the river wye so i am called wyetots

Louise B
17-08-2010, 12:18 AM
I've been thinking about this too, but had the same thoughts - I live in a small village and there are only 2 of us who are registered, I didn't want people to think I'm getting above myself! lol. I thought of Louby Lou's. My partner's name is Andy, which has always been amusing for us... Andy Pandy and Louby Lou!! lol. Or Lou and Andy from Little Britain, which is slightly less funny... pmsl!!

I thought I might see how I get on for a year and then re-do my policies and paperwork, and if I feel confident enough then, I'll name it. Anyone else using Louby Lou's?? xxx

moljak
17-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Well my domain is registered :clapping:

I am now officially..........

Acres of fun childminding :D

What does everyone think? Acres is the second part of my street name so works well I think.My website is still in design stages but will be found here.

http://www.acresoffunchildminding.co.uk/

tracey36
17-08-2010, 09:09 AM
jaynes tiny tots :)

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Sounds great Jayne. Glad it is sorted. You are certainly faster than me - I am still deliberating

moljak
17-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Sounds great Jayne. Glad it is sorted. You are certainly faster than me - I am still deliberating

Still feels weird and I wonder what people will think.Will other minders think I'm up myself.Thought if I did it now then I could just say "Oh I thought that was the way to go " :laughing: :laughing:

If you want a name and have been minding for a while find a name and give yourself a relaunch :D

selena 31
19-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I think thats a great name i think you will be very professional and starting your buisness as you mean to go on who cares what others think it sounds great x:happy banana: :excited:

moljak
20-08-2010, 09:08 PM
well my website is now Live :clapping: :clapping:

Still needs some pics they will be following soon though :)

www.acresoffunchildminding.co.uk

pinkbutterfly
21-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Well done! I like the name and the website is growing nicely.
I also named my business as I thought NAME+SURNAME+Registered Childminder sounds a bit bald and Name+Surname+Childminding Service sounds too official as it's meant to be fun for children ... unless you have a nice name.
My one is called Anna's Busy Bees and I found a great designer who made a fun website for me. You can google me :) I use the same design on my business cards and adverts which hopefully makes me stand out.

moljak
21-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Well done! I like the name and the website is growing nicely.
I also named my business as I thought NAME+SURNAME+Registered Childminder sounds a bit bald and Name+Surname+Childminding Service sounds too official as it's meant to be fun for children ... unless you have a nice name.
My one is called Anna's Busy Bees and I found a great designer who made a fun website for me. You can google me :) I use the same design on my business cards and adverts which hopefully makes me stand out.

thankyou off for a google :)

moljak
21-08-2010, 09:34 AM
anna your website is lovely.thanks for letting me have a look around :)