PDA

View Full Version : Help - My DD has bitten a mindee

AliceK
12-08-2010, 06:07 PM
My DD has for some reason started a biting phase about 3 / 4 weeks ago. She bit her dad and then a couple of weeks ago she bit DS, very badly. Boy was she severly reprimanded for that one and we honestly thought she had stopped. Anyway today 10mins before parents arrive she bites mindee aged 5. DD is nearly 3. Obviously I told mum and dad what had happened, luckily it wasn't hard enough to break the skin or leave a mark. My question is what do I do now. Do I need to write it up as an incident and if so do I put in it that it was my own DD?

Thanks xxxx

fluffysocks
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
yes you should write it up as an incident, just to cover yourself really with insurance etc especially if it bruises,
but i dont see why you should put it was your own daughter, it makes no difference paperwork wise whether its your child doing it or another mindee. Just treat it like you would any other biting incident.

And try not to feel guilty......

breezy
12-08-2010, 07:05 PM
i would write it up and get parents to sign, its up to you if you mention it was dd. Were the parents ok about it?

onceinabluemoon
12-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I would also write up an incident form and just write 'another child' as you would if it were one of the mindees that had bitten.

I may be wrong but I think part of the reason we do this is so that the children cannot grow up and sue another child (obviously also now an adult) for biting them when they were 3 years old

charleyfarley
12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
My ds did this not so long ago, it was a revenge attack on mindee who kept biting him, no excuse I know!!!!

I wrote up an incident form and got mom to sign it, just put that a child bit another child.

Carol xx

AliceK
12-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Thank you for your replies I will write up an incident form and get mum to sign it in the morning. Hope parents are OK. Mum seemed ok but dad seemed a little bit off (maybe just my imagination). It was a mad house when they arrived to collect. My DD was screaming because I had put her on time-out. Mindee was crying and making a right fuss about the bite and little mindee decided to join in too so was also crying. Oh dear. If they bring their children back to this mad house tomorrow I'll be suprised :blush: . Thing is, 5mins before it all kicked off all 4 children were calm and happy.

xxxxxx

breezy
12-08-2010, 07:21 PM
thats always the way! they'll be back !!!!!!!!!!

auntym
13-08-2010, 08:28 AM
They will come back. There is nothing worse than having I happy house and just as parent arrives something kicks off. And thats all they see that day lol. Makes you feel terrible. But they always return as they know we do a good job! X

singlewiththree
14-08-2010, 06:56 AM
If its any consolation my 3 yr old DD has just started biting again. She did it when she was crawling to her sister only but now she is out for biting anything and anyone :( She is also hitting. I'm not sure why except her sister can wind her up and I think its her initial reaction just hope it goes as she is 4 this month and starts school in Sept, can't see that going down well in the class.

AliceK
14-08-2010, 07:31 AM
If its any consolation my 3 yr old DD has just started biting again. She did it when she was crawling to her sister only but now she is out for biting anything and anyone :( She is also hitting. I'm not sure why except her sister can wind her up and I think its her initial reaction just hope it goes as she is 4 this month and starts school in Sept, can't see that going down well in the class.

I'm actually quite glad to hear that :blush: . My DS was never a biter and DD only started this a few weeks ago. She's 3 next mth and I said to OH I thought if kids were biters they started a lot earlier than 3. Don't know what's got into her.
Mindees came back yesterday and mum happily signed the incident form and said that mindee couldn't even remember which arm it was so it can't have been that bad. Yesterday was a very calm day thank goodness and everyone was very well behaved :)

xxxxx