PDA

View Full Version : looking into it but soo confused!

WEEHAYLES85
12-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey,
im a 24 year old married mother of 2 and am looking to become a childminder. There seems like there is soooo much to do..which is fine.. but what i need is a step by step.. for instance.. do i register with scma first then take it all from there..will they tell me how to do it all from there, and what course do u need to take to become qualified? What things would i need to have in place before the inspection? and do u need alot of money to set up? so pretty much everything to do with it. haha. i'v been lookin into it for a while now but cant seem to get a straight answer of what to do first.. i know sort of what i need to be doin but in which order?

arly
12-08-2010, 07:43 PM
I phoned my local SCMA officer who sent me out there info pack,I also phoned Care Commission for the application pack.. I got started with the filling in forms etc and my smca officer lives close to me so she came down and helped me with bits I wasnt sure of, also ive a local childminder on hand to help out.

I wrote all my policies and procedures, done risk assessments, plan of my home etc and sent it all away. Im booked to do the 6wk introduction to childminding through scma on 1st sept.

had an identity check with care commission this wk and thats as far as av got just now......

it is a lot to take in but as ive learned take 1 step at a time.xx