PDA

View Full Version : Things kids say

desiderata
12-08-2010, 10:20 AM
little one asleep so asked the others just to be a little quieter with the instruments and talking. Not expecting silence obviously but just to be a little quieter and understand lo asleep. Well voices kept getting louder so I just said to them "dont you know how to be quiet"
Quick reply from 2 yr old. "Yes I keep my mouth shut" I had to walk away in stitches.

wellybelly
12-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Love it! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Last year a 2 year old who was playing by french doors in my lounge, came rushing over to me and pulling me over to where she was playing saying "Quick, come quick, theres a Kangaroo in your garden" She pointed over to my tree with a squirell hanging upside down onto the nut net.

It still makes me laugh out loud!

desiderata
12-08-2010, 11:08 AM
funny that the same child as above in my post called a squirrel a kangaroo the other day when it was eating the bird food.x

miffy
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Oh bless! Made me laugh!

Miffy xx

suzyblue
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
One of my little treasures said to me in a whiney voice 'what can i want?' :D

Another 4 year old was trying to explain that he and his family were going on holiday to the same place that they went to when he had his first birthday:

"....we are going to St Lucia where we went on my wumf (1st) birthday" - made me laugh, he also explained that he had been to his friends house 3 yesterdays ago :D

Mummits
12-08-2010, 01:05 PM
One of my little ones said "if I hurt myself grandma's very pathetic". It took a little while for the penny to drop that she meant sympathetic.

lou lou
12-08-2010, 01:30 PM
yesterday one of my mindees said to my dd that he liked astronaunts and my dd said but i dont i like bananas, think i might have to have a project on astronaunts !!!!

samkeddy
12-08-2010, 01:41 PM
When i first started my fire drills, i got the children together started the alarm and explained that meant there was a fire and what we had to do, my 2yr old DD said 'but mummy that noise isnt for fires its for cooking dinners!'

Bet you can guess im not a good cook:D

cas2805
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Bless them!

My favourite quote was, when I asked a child if she had done something naughty
"I was born then I did nothing!"
So I guessed this meant that she didn't do it!:laughing:

cas2805
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
When i first started my fire drills, i got the children together started the alarm and explained that meant there was a fire and what we had to do, my 2yr old DD said 'but mummy that noise isnt for fires its for cooking dinners!'

Bet you can guess im not a good cook:D

I remember reading on here when as shild was asked what she had to do when she heard the smoke alarm go off, she answered "wave a tea towel at it!"

fluffysocks
12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
kids are funny! a few weeks ago one of my mindees juice cups sprung a leak, when i said "oh look your cup has a whole in it" he replied "yes caroline, its where i open it to drink out of!"-he's 3 years!! Still cracks me up now!!

~Chelle~
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Gave my 3 year old mindee water the other day instead of usual juice and he said "Yuk it's boring this water"! cheeky monkey :laughing:

gegele
12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
my daughter eat Pazghetti and warm her hands on the raguidiator!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

when she was about 3 1/2 she came crying "i hurt my ankle" while rubbing her elbow ah ah ah ah ah :D