PDA

View Full Version : So frustrated !!!

claire85
12-08-2010, 06:34 AM
Sorry guys but i need to let this frustration out, here goes .......................
I look after a 8 year old boy who belongs to a family friend and its convienient that he live ight opposite me lol !!!
Any way mum and dad parted back in dec and he is he main carer now although the little one does see his mum. At the start of the hols i informed the dad that i needed a couple days notice of what my hours would be as last year the mother just sent him over when she wanted , its so diff because they are friends.
First week worked well , then last week the mum was ment to have him 2 days but then didnt so i had to have him. on saturday i text dad asking me the hours i was wanted this week , then i wasn't text back till half 5 sunday evening and was asked to work monday !!! The mum had the little boy on tues , i was having him yesterday and she was having him today and tomorrow . All this changed last night as she sent the little boys dad a text at half 8 saying id have to have him today as she is working!!!!
I was only ment to have a ten year old today activities all planned but it was stuff that he had done that i was going to do with her !!!! So im now stuck!!!
It's not the dads fault but i can't take this much longer !!!
I think the saying dont mix business with pleasure is very true.
Thanks for reading guys xx

Trouble
12-08-2010, 07:10 AM
I think you need to explain that in order to plan you need to know when he is coming to you:angry:

i agree about business and pleasure:( :panic:

gigglinggoblin
12-08-2010, 07:28 AM
If you are tough and say you will only have him hours as arranged it might force them to make some proper arrangements for the little boy, poor thing must be so confused and not know whether he is coming or going!

mushpea
12-08-2010, 07:44 AM
I would explain to the dad that you arrange activites and even book ticketts for days out so you need to know at least a week in advance, then if those days sudenly change mid week he will stil need to pay for the days booked and the extra days, he may not be in your numbers but there is only so many children you can take due to your insurance and he is taking up one of those spaces.
as for your planned activities I would still go ahead and do them,, its not fair on the other child if you dont and its not your fault he will do them again, infact you could use this as a starting point with explaining about booking days cause you can tell dad tha he was bored as he had already done the activitis but you still did them cause thats what you planned.

TammyN
12-08-2010, 07:46 AM
i have had this in the past, child lives in my road, i sent a nice letter stating that hours must be booked in advance of holiday's as i need to plan ahead for activities and if not booked the care may not be available. if not booked and care is required i'm not always available!!
sometimes putting it in writing will make dad take note

claire85
14-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys for all your ideas x