PDA

View Full Version : GUTTED

Nadine Beazley
11-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Hello

Just needed to vent really and I apologise as this will be a long one! :blush: I've had ** since january and he's 6. I pick him up from school and have him till 6pm, I don't give him tea as mum didn't want me to(everybody else is eating tho!), in the holidays he comes mon, tues and thurs 8-6 and fri 8-3. Well, he was due in all week last week, but didn't turn up the friday, mum just texted later to say he wouldn't be coming and left it at that. Monday morning I get a letter of termination in the post. Mum has issues and he's not coming back. They are as follows:

1. mum asked me in the beginning of the year when my holiday was in summer, I said PROBABLY the same as last year, the last week in july and first week in august, o.k she said. (it just happened that it would have been my maternity leave coz our baby was due at beginning of summer hols, but we lost it in january) we decided not to have our holiday then so as not to remind us of that time and informed every parent at the beginning of april that it would be from 23rd august for a week. Mum wrote down on the back of the letter what she wanted to book ** in for. She is now saying that I changed my holiday without informing her and that she has had to find cover for **on a week that she has booked him in with me! She is accusing me of not organising my dates properly when it is her mistake!

2. My partner has just become my assistant and because he is male she is not happy and very angry that I did not ask her if he would be suitable for my assistant. she is worried as assistants can be left alone with the children( my partner is only being left with sleeping little ones if I have to do the school run!) and was i aware that he would need to be police checked! she was not happy that I have not discussed with her what qualifications he has. As we can increase my numbers, she has stated that my only thought is of money and not for the children

3. she is complaining that there is litter in my front garden (we live on a very busy main road and it gets blown in or people drop it in) and broken glass (there is NOT) and therefor my house is unsafe for children!

4. her son told her that I spend all day on the computer and leave them to their own devices! I do not and he has said exactly the same thing to me about his dinner lady( which I checked out as I know them and it was a complete lie!)

so she has terminated. not once did she come to me to discuss any of these things!:(

Sorry

Nadine x

gegele
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
didn't want to read and run. sorry to hear about this. sending you big hugs.

Tired
11-08-2010, 06:43 PM
Sounds like you will be better off without her! But it is odd that she didn't discuss any of these things with you before. Perhaps that are just excuses cos she has found someone cheaper/ closer to home, etc.

But I would be fuming about her not trusting your partner, and thinking you had to discuss it with her first. What a cheek!

youarewhatyoueat
11-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Sounds like you are well shot of them, breathe a sigh of relief and advertise your space. Anyone who spoke to me about my husband like that I wouldn't want near my house.
Enjoy your holiday and forget it.

moljak
11-08-2010, 06:47 PM
so sorry but I'm sure she needs to give written notice and will need to pay you for the weeks you have written in your contract.

manjay
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Sounds to me like they are just excuses (and poor ones at that). I know it's hard but I reckon you are better off without!

Just noticed where you are from! We are heading down to stay near you on Saturday. Hope the weather is good;)

love381
11-08-2010, 06:51 PM
OMG! Sounds like she wanted an "excuse" to leave. Make sure you get any payments owed etc and any payments to cover the termination if you have that in your contract (in mine it states four weeks notice of termination or four weeks full payment). I can sympathise with you about this as it's happened to me (in a similar way) and it really does hurt when the parent/carer state things like this. Don't worry, you are probably best rid of her. You can advertise the free space and maybe even find something better suited!! HUGS! Hope you've calmed a little. x

Hebs
11-08-2010, 06:53 PM
i would reply in writing...

stating fees due for notice period
ofsted registered your hubby so what does she want? blood? :panic:

you need to reply in writing, send it recorded delivery so you have proof of sending it, and personally i'd inform ofsted that your expecting a malicious complaint (which she may do if she doesnt want to pay your notice period)

hugs honey xx

love381
11-08-2010, 07:17 PM
I agree! Inform OFSTED that it's possible there may be a complaint. That's exactly what happened to me!!! OFSTED had to follow up the complaint, but found nothing really!!! x

Hebs
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
I agree! Inform OFSTED that it's possible there may be a complaint. That's exactly what happened to me!!! OFSTED had to follow up the complaint, but found nothing really!!! x

me too :rolleyes: x

mushpea
11-08-2010, 07:30 PM
oh poor you,,, I had a parent leave me,,just handed me notice out of the blue saying she had found a new minder for her child, she gave me no indication leading up to it and when i asked she refused to tell me the reason for leaving me other than my setting was to noisey for her (mum) when she collected child,, she even said child was happy here!! I hated the fact that she didnt give me a chance to resolve the problem and it hurt and upset me and bugged me for a long time. I acutualyh new the minder she went to and went to the minder and said no hard feelings as we had to see each other in the play ground everyday, this led to us being freinds so that was at least a nice outcome.
I would make sure you inform ofsted, get your fees via writing a letter to her and in with new parents make it clear that you would prefer them to talk to you and give you a chance to reslovle problems before giving notice, this is what I now do with parents.
I do feel sorry for you cause its awful when you get notice like this,, maybe she was just looking for an excuse to leave or maybe she didnt fully understand the issues she raised,, actually you could try the 'nice' approach first and write her back replying and explaining her issues to her and how it really is and see what she has to say,, she just may not have realised that your OH had to have a crb and be registered, anyway i will stop ranting.,, good luck with this and letus know how you get on

singlewiththree
11-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I recently had a parent leave, at least she told you, I had to wait nearly a month to find out through an unexpected ofsted visit what her complains were. Ofsted asked to see my complaints file and there was nothing in it. The things they said were awful and very hurtful. I can really feel for you, having still going through it. I would definately tell ofsted, even though they probably won't be bothered but at least you can say you did when they arrive. I would file the notice in your complaints file and any reply you send the parent. I would also sort out the evidence for if ofsted come, like the notice periods for holidays etc and any planning you did for the boy. Ofsted asked to see my accident book, planning book, daily diary (of another child) and also my complaints file,