PDA

View Full Version : Websites?

samkeddy
11-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi people,
Im still struggling at drumming up business so on a advertising mission now!
Just wondered what peoples opinions on websites are? im not very good at technical computer stuff and i vary rarley get on the laptop (mainly just pop on here and fb for 5mins from my phone).
So would it just be a waste of time if i wasnt regularly checking it and updating it and stuff?
Have any of you had much sucsess through having one?
Thanks Sam

moljak
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
My brother is putting one togethre for me as he's done them before.i'm hoping it will be fab as I just found out in my small village I have competition.She has a fantastic website which would make anyone ring her :)

I did notice however that she has a back yard where as I have a large garden so I'm going to use this as my selling point on the website and put all my spare cash ect into improving that.A bit of healthy competition lol

beccas
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
hi sam i got pauline to do mine its brilliant. i just send her stuff to update it when needed (which i am doing at minute) she has a small fee but it takes all hassle out of it i am sure theres a link with details at top think its main forum page??? or just pm her..

b-fly
11-08-2010, 02:16 PM
I think that a good web site can only help you. As for the update - it depends on the business. If you are changing your prices and products very often it will need more time for updates but if your case is not like this you will mainly have to check your mail regularly.

samkeddy
11-08-2010, 02:19 PM
hi sam i got pauline to do mine its brilliant. i just send her stuff to update it when needed (which i am doing at minute) she has a small fee but it takes all hassle out of it i am sure theres a link with details at top think its main forum page??? or just pm her..

Will look into that then cheers, do people look at it?
(im abit thick tho, just ordered some postcards and business cards from vista before thinking about a website, so they wont have it on!)

beccas
11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
yes lots of people look at it i put it on netmums my fb page childcare.co.uk etc and all my advertising bits. its also on my car (even though i dont drive) lol i got stickers off a guy on ebay cant remeber hi sbusiness name but lot sbought them off him on here so someone will know

funfunfun
11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I did my own .......took me ages with lots of help

Paulines are v good i have seen lots ........i put my website on childcare too and in every message i send i add it on now .

samkeddy
11-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks your making me think its a good idea, im getting excited now! just pm'd pauline!

Twinklestars
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
I did my own with www.doyourownsite.co.uk, it cost £10 for the domain name and £2.99 a month, i get roughly 5 visits a day and i give it out on adverts and to anyone who rings me so they can read my inspection report before they visit me