PDA

View Full Version : Building a website - ideas

katie0183
11-08-2010, 09:03 AM
My other half works in IT and we've decided to do a spanky new website for me.
Most of the concept is here, infact hes done most of it! However just wanted to bounce some ideas off you guys.
We've created a secure log in feature for the parents so they can see a calendar of dates (to help with my EYFS planning too) also Photos of each child (with parents permission of course) which they can look at.. art work etc... Wondered if anyone had any other ideas on what to put on this secure bit.
I wanted to do it so that the parents had the opportunity to sift through all the information at there own leisure, obviously i talk to parents on pick up and drop off and give photos but think sometimes with the time they give me its not enough, or you forget something (although I do do daily diaries)

Whilst im talking to you i've just thought of another thing which will be all my policies and procedures.
What about invoices? Although i email these anyway.... what do you all think? Do you have any ideas? Or has anyone already done something like this?

Thanks!

sarah707
11-08-2010, 05:22 PM
If you are keeping any info including photos on the computer you must register with the Information Commissioners Office as you are classed as a data handler...

You can contact them for an application form here -

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

Hth :D

Twinklestars
11-08-2010, 05:51 PM
I think some childminders put daily diaries etc on email could you include these?