PDA

View Full Version : Self employed co-childminder?

keeks
11-08-2010, 08:49 AM
My friend and I are planning to work together as two registered self-employed childminders from my house. From what I have read here it seems like you can't both be self-employed if you work for more than 15 hours/week together? Would I have to employ her? And does anyone know why this is? :confused:

And when she has her pre-reg inspection, would she have it at my house since she will only be minding from here?

Thank you
xx

marzi
11-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm no help but I thought you could both be self employed and work together? Hopefully someone will come along that knows more than me (not exactly hard :blush: ) xx

suzyblue
11-08-2010, 11:58 AM
You can both be self employed childminders working together. Its an assistant that works for you that cant work for more than 15 hours without being employed by you.

cuddlybunny38
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I work with my daughter and we are both regsitered minders, we each work about 30/40 hrs a week. each of us is self employed. x

Mykidsrock
11-08-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm sure you can both work together and be registered. My youngest used to go to a family setting where the mum and daughter did it and they were both registered. Think Ofsted can clarify for you but is it Network Childminding, or something along the same lines?

keeks
11-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Thank you guys, I thought it sounded a bit strange.

I think I would probably start up and then as I build up she can join me. It is a bit nerve wracking though, when do I give notice at work? Do I register and start advertising and see how I go? I think that is the best way, but I would prefer to leave between terms as it will be better for my colleagues and the children at work.

I'm sure things will work out though...

Oh, is there anyone who knows whether they would do the pre-reg visit for my friend at my house too? Perhaps at the same time as me?

xx :)

miffy
11-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Oh, is there anyone who knows whether they would do the pre-reg visit for my friend at my house too? Perhaps at the same time as me?

xx :)

I think it would be worth ringing Ofsted and asking - it would make sense to see you both at the same time at your house

Miffy xx