PDA

View Full Version : Payment when child is not attending?

snufflepuff
10-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I mind a 5 year old who comes before school during term time, full days for 5 weeks of the school hols, and for the other 8 weeks of the school hols doesn't come but i charge a retainer (half term time fees). I calculated an equal monthly fee. Mum pays in cash (she said it's easier because of the way tax credits pay her) on the 17th of the month, and i'm not due to have LO until the 25th August.
Would you ask Mum to bring the cash round when it's due or wait until i'm next due to care for LO? Either way i'd have to text to remind her as she can be a bit forgetful!

MissTinkerbell
10-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Is she usually a good payer? Do you desperately need the money on the 17th?

If she's a good payer and you don't need the money on that date I would probably wait until the LO comes to you on the 25th. However if you need the money before then, then ask for it on the day it is due. If she pays you out of her tax credits she will probably prefer to pay you as usual as these are paid every 4 weeks and then she knows what to do with the rest of her money.

snufflepuff
12-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Is she usually a good payer? Do you desperately need the money on the 17th?

She has paid me late several times. So theres no guarantee i'll get it on LOs first day back, could be a few days later. And i could do with the money because we are going away for a long weekend. And having to pay for a new patio the same week.
I think i'll just send a quick text to ask her to pop it round

fluffysocks
12-08-2010, 06:18 PM
i would ask for it when its due-better to be safe than sorry. x

TheBTeam
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
i would ask for it when its due-better to be safe than sorry. x

Same here, using the logic that you may well have to wait till you first see her anyway, but at least by then it will be classed as late iyswim.