PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing!

patevans
10-08-2010, 04:48 PM
My final full time mindee left just, after 1 year and a half and didnt even get a thank you from their mouths let alone a card or anything...why do I bother with this job?! :angry:

sarah707
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Sending hugs xx

MissTinkerbell
10-08-2010, 05:10 PM
I had that off one of mine - although I only had her before and after school for 6 months.

Some parents don't realise how far a simple thank you goes - they pay you and thats enough!

I have one set of parents who are OK and are appreciative but my other set are amazing - mum buys us all, hubby included presents at Xmas and birthdays and eggs at Easter. After my Ofsted she sent me a card saying that whilst I got a good they thought I was outstanding and this was accompanied by a bunch of flowers.

When she left because mum was having a baby she bought me a lovely pot of plants for the garden containing a rose so that I would have something everlasting to remind me of M along with a card from them and a handmade card from M.

So I'm really looking forward to them starting back with me in 3 weeks time.

sandy64
10-08-2010, 05:31 PM
i had one for 11yrs never had a card or anythink he was supose to leave aug o9 but second week in hols said he was gunna stay at home and playout with friends they would let me no when he was coming again, well never heard again:( ended up going to house to take card and present id bought for him.so i totally understand how your feeling a thankyou would be nice:)

caz3007
10-08-2010, 05:39 PM
I felt like this recently as a LO left, I had been really flexible and supported mum when she had relationship problems too and was in floods of tears at my house. The LO's last day was just like a normal day, not even a thank you. A friend of mine was here and said you wouldnt have beleived that he wasnt coming back.

I sympathise, it makes you feel pants as just a thank you is all that matters

Alibali
10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
You may get a massive bunch of flowers delivered!

patevans
10-08-2010, 06:47 PM
You may get a massive bunch of flowers delivered!

she hasn't spoke to me in 4 weeks so I know for definate i'll be getting zilch but thats exactly what I expected :rolleyes:

angiemog
15-08-2010, 09:15 AM
I find it all very strange....... I've just had a birthday and not one parent bought me a card I have 6 mindees. I buy cards and presents for children for birthdays and christmas. I did start buying parents cards for birthdays too. However I have decided that I'm going to stop that. I know they all appreciate me and I'd help them out at a drop of a hat (and have done) maybe I'm expecting a different relationship with them but they think differently...... after all it's business right? :) x

Ripeberry
15-08-2010, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't expect a birthday card for myself or my own kids even though I would make sure the mindee got a card and pressie.

But it is bad that some parents don't even say thank you at the end of the contract :mad:

youarewhatyoueat
15-08-2010, 10:13 AM
I find it all very strange....... I've just had a birthday and not one parent bought me a card I have 6 mindees. I buy cards and presents for children for birthdays and christmas. I did start buying parents cards for birthdays too. However I have decided that I'm going to stop that. I know they all appreciate me and I'd help them out at a drop of a hat (and have done) maybe I'm expecting a different relationship with them but they think differently...... after all it's business right? :) x

You are definately expecting a different relationship than they are, Why would they know its your birthday unless you tell them!!

celdemorg
15-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Don't get disheartened, I have a parent like this and I can imagine when they go they will do exactly the same, didn't get a christmas card or anything, or my son a birthday card, even when the house was decorated top to to in balloons, she didn't even wish him a happy birthday. I had a little girl for a week and I get a bunch of flowers.

I think as childminder's we'll get parent's who appreciate us and parent's who don't, just the luck of the draw.

xxx

pinklady
16-08-2010, 08:40 AM
I had this recently. There wasn't even an acknowledgement on the day that it was her last day and she's my Goddaughter!

However another mindee left last week as he's going to pre-school and we have all grown really close but I was still gob smacked to be given a gorgeous charm for my bracelet :blush:

Chin up, and don't let it knock you. You're doing a great job.

(((hugs)))
xxx