PDA

View Full Version : Arghhhhhh what shall I do next????

Adiamond
10-08-2010, 02:59 PM
I was given notice last week by text message, I look after L full time and I have looked after her brother full time for the last 3 weeks just for the holidays (mum text me pretty much begging me to have him because she hadn't sorted any childcare for him for the hols!!!)

Anyway she has been a pain paying me but I was on holiday last week she pays half fee when I am on hol so I suggested she paid me as normal and that would clear her arrears which she did (I had to go collect it though!!!)

On Wednesday last week she text me giving me notice, I said can you please put it in writing and I reminded her that I need 4 weeks notice.
After many texts she told me that she leaves work this Friday so can only give me 1 weeks notice :eek:
I said that I was sorry she was having to leave work (she says she will be better off not working) but I still need 4 weeks notice, the way she was saying things was as though she decided how much notice she was to give me :angry: .

I have looked after the children yesterday and today, I had a word with mum at pick up yesterday , I asked her if she had done my letter and explained that I need 4 weeks notice as per contract she said well I will be on income support from Monday I won't be able to pay you......

I have been in touch with NCMA legal and they said to find out when the last day of work will be and then write her a letter saying that she still owes me 3 weeks notice money and to put on the total amount and state that I give her 14 days to pay it, if she doesn't pay then I have to ring NCMA back and they will take it on.........

Today grandad picked up (it's payday today) I text mum and told her I will go round later to pick up MY money she said ok, she then sent me the following text......

I will have to give you £xxx today and there is no way I can pay for the next 3 weeks, I am willing to pay but I won't be getting any money to pay so you will have to have it in bits and bobs if not you will have to take me to court theres no other option. I am sorry but I can't give you what I haven't got, I have had to give up work cos I can't afford anything at the minute.

I feel so angry :angry: this isn't just a few quid either it's hundreds of pounds :angry:

I honestly don't know what to do now any advice would be great..... x x

~Chelle~
10-08-2010, 03:21 PM
All you can do is what the NCMA suggest.

Be aware that if it does go to court, you will most likely not receive the money all in one go anyway. If she goes onto Income Support, the court will calculate how much money she can pay you and how often.

It looks like you might have to take her offer of bits and bobs or set up a payment plan with her to pay it off.

It sucks when things like this happens, I have been there myself. If the woman doesn't have the money to pay you, what else can you do?

Hope you get it sorted.

MAWI
10-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I feel for you. Its happened to me. NCMA told me although they would take it on ( in theory), the likely hood of an outcome is very unlikely as they would be on benefits. Basically if they are not working you have not got a chance.

If you can try and arrange some sort of plan, at least you may get a little bit back,

Big hugs, xx

jaja
10-08-2010, 04:24 PM
i thought the insurance company pay straight out then fight the parents, this is what i was told when i rang up before, but then i am with mm is ncma different in the way they deal with things?

hope that everything picks up soon for you

sending hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

marzi
11-08-2010, 01:16 PM
i thought the insurance company pay straight out then fight the parents, this is what i was told when i rang up before, but then i am with mm is ncma different in the way they deal with things?

hope that everything picks up soon for you

sending hugs

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

As far as i am aware only Morton Michel do this, thats one reason I'll be getting my insurance from them as soon as my NCMA one runs out!

jessiebessie - good luck with getting your money back, fingers are crossed for you xx

Baileys'n'cream
11-08-2010, 01:21 PM
What a :angry:

So, she has given up work as she is better off and expects you to accept that but you are being given 1 week notice to advertise for another mindee?? What a selfish :censored:

Hope you get some good support from NCMA

funfunfun
11-08-2010, 01:41 PM
Am i reading right .......your still looking after the children ??

If so i wouldnt be !!!!

Good luck with it all ......could be a long process !!

carol cameron
11-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Poor you, what a dreadful situation to be in. Is she getting taxcredits towards her childcare ? If so, my understanding is that they don't always stop immediately. Either way she clearly doesn't want to have to pay so you will have the rotten job of trying to sort out her mess. :angry: Hope it goes ok for you and NCMA can help.:)

angel9199
12-08-2010, 09:12 AM
When my dd went to a childminder I rang tax credits to say she was finishing, as I was becoming a childminder and I was told they pay for an additional four weeks after the date the child finished.

So there is no reason she should not be able to pay you!

Adiamond
12-08-2010, 09:29 AM
Thanks for your replies everyone.
I didn't have the children yesterday as they were out with dad and they haven't turned up today :rolleyes: no text to say they weren't coming so I don't suppose I will see them again!

I collected this weeks money on Tuesday so she is up to date with that but obviously she still owes me 3 weeks money.
I am going to ring ncma again when I get 5 minutes to update them and I might also give tax credits a ring to see what they say.
She hasn't even given me my notice in writing :angry: only via text message grrr........

I will update you all later when I find out anymore :) x x x

LittleAcorns
12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Poor you, what a dreadful situation to be in. Is she getting taxcredits towards her childcare ? If so, my understanding is that they don't always stop immediately. Either way she clearly doesn't want to have to pay so you will have the rotten job of trying to sort out her mess. :angry: Hope it goes ok for you and NCMA can help.:)

I had a parent who had to go on long term sick and gave me notice straight away, baby had only been coming to me for a couple of months, when I said she needed to give 4 weeks notice she called tax credits and they agreed to pay the 4 weeks! but chose to give her a lump sum for the 4 weeks! which caused delays but I got the money after a week or so....worth a shot :D :D

auntym
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
One of my parents came out of work and because they had no job the wft stopped the childcard element immediatley. Luckily the parent found another job within 2 wk and still paid me but I think wft make up the rules as they go along.
I do hope you get your money. Good luck x

miffy
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
It doesn't matter that she hasn't put the notice in writing as you can just write to her accepting her notice (I have done this when parent gave me verbal notice) and then giving the dates she owes you money for.

Don't accept the bit about no money to pay you as tax credits continue payments for 4 weeks after job ends so she will have the money, although getting her to hand it over is another matter :rolleyes:

Hope NCMA take it on for you

Miffy xx

Louise B
12-08-2010, 12:19 PM
That's awful. I haven't had anyone start with me yet, got 3 contracts signed for September and a couple more waiting to sort out, and although I know all the parents already, it does worry me about people not paying.

Someone else has said about the tax credits, and they're right. I was made redundant in January, but still got tax credits for 4 weeks. If she's claiming credits, she'll still be paid. I would also ring the Inland Revenue and check that though, and ask what they'd do... is there any way they can pay you direct? I doubt it, but worth a chat with them maybe?

I don't know how people sleep at night, knowing they've ripped someone off and not followed a contract! And the other thing that makes me seeth is that the benefits system in this country makes it easier (and financially better!) to be at home instead of working!!! I've had to jump through hoops to claim a tiny bit of job seekers while I've not been working, despite going through the registration process and making alterations to my house. I've never claim in my life, worked for 25 years, yet some people seem to have the right to never work!!! :angry: Makes me really mad!!

Sorry, went off on one there!! lol. Good luck though, I hope you get it back, take her to court if you have to.xxx

miffy
12-08-2010, 12:23 PM
although I know all the parents already, it does worry me about people not paying.

That's why it's best to be paid in advance and/or have a month's deposit in hand in case someone leaves suddenly.

Sometimes it's the people you know who are the worst offenders!

Good luck in September

Miffy xx