PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the children?

heatherw
10-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Im in need of some mindees, Im getting very bored waiting for some to come along.

Anyone else need some good phone ringing vibes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SaijaM
10-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey!

I hope you have your phone ringing soon :)
Have you advertised a lot? Been to children's centres, playgroups, toy libraries etc. to put the word out there..?

xx Saija

heatherw
10-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Been advertising like mad, at local schools, toddler groups, shop windows, netmums, childcare.co.uk, local childminders all have my number. Ive had a few enquiries and some parents have been out to see me but have decided to go elsewhere. They will come eventually, I just know it.

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Been advertising like mad, at local schools, toddler groups, shop windows, netmums, childcare.co.uk, local childminders all have my number. Ive had a few enquiries and some parents have been out to see me but have decided to go elsewhere. They will come eventually, I just know it.

likewise - they will be like busses heather, just you wait! all of a sudden we will be inundated with enquiries and we will be stressing over who to pick and who to turn away! just you wait and see!

x

heatherw
10-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I hope your right, ive got a feeling that there will be loads of enquires in the next 3 week leading up to the new school term.

watgem
10-08-2010, 12:23 PM
its started to pick up here, hopefully fingers crossed it will for you soon, don't give up:)

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 12:38 PM
i hope so! im getting fed up of trawling the childcare ads now lol

SamBaker
10-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I sooo know the feeling! I have advertised every where I can think of. Have I had a phone call? not a dickie bird! Starting to get very down in the dumps, really shouldn't have got my hopes up about working. :(

Good luck I hope that phone starts ringing for you soon.

xxxx

AnnieM
11-08-2010, 07:57 AM
I definitely need some good vibes sending my way. As of 3 weeks time I lose my only little mindee. :-( his mum is having another baby and not returning to work. Since losing the 3 siblings last year this has been my only enquiry, so I am now desperate!! I am down to 1 after schoolie 5 days his brother 1 day, term time only and another after schoolie 2 days, not enough to keep me going. :(

OllyF
11-08-2010, 12:23 PM
I am in the same situation, taken ages to get my registration thinking once i got it they would be flooding in, but nothing, very frustrating!!! lets hope it will pick up soon.

miffy
11-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Still time before the schools go back - lots of parents leave it until the last minute.

Fingers crossed all your advertising pays off soon

Miffy xx

heatherw
11-08-2010, 07:24 PM
The good vibes must have worked, i had call last night from someone wanting 4 days a week for a 2 year old, shes coming to see me tomorrow and another parent who came today is coming back to sign contracts next week.