PDA

View Full Version : funded place - asap

viki-kate
10-08-2010, 10:56 AM
just checking - i have a mum who wil be attending college so my payments would come from them, can i accept that. only cuz i know that i would have to be accredited?? to do the 15hours free that little ones get, i didnt knowif applied to that also?

watgem
10-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I had a mum doing a nursing degree and her uni paid me, I only had to be a registered provider though, not really sure how other unis work you would need to check.

Carol M
10-08-2010, 03:03 PM
To offer the Nursery Education sessions you have to be accredited and this can take some time depending on your LA.
Contact your childminding coordinator for the criteria for your area, seems to differ around the country.
Payments to you can be received by way of Care 2 Learn or mum may have got a childcare grant.
Good luck
Carol xx

Stillgoingstrong
10-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Well I need help on this too - a girl contacted me last week, came to see me, liked it and said she wanted me to look after her lo. She took my reg number and went to college with it on fri. Phoned me and said not got start date as college not done timetables. I'm not worried either way as I have a space and 3 or 4 days would suit me. SOOOOOOO as i'm not accredited nor do I want to be can I have the lo then??? No mention of any problem or accreditation was made , she simply took my reg.no and presume gave it to college. Hmmm. Maybe I will phone college:huh: No coordinator

viki-kate
10-08-2010, 03:33 PM
im in alomst axact same position. thats y i thought best check first...???

Carol M
10-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Of course you can, but college would have to pay you for all the hours if mum is not accessing funded sessions. I presume lo is the correct age for funded sessions, usually from the term after 3rd birthday.Parents don't have to use funded sessions.
Carol x

viki-kate
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
mum is just using the college funding i think... so that would be fine then. ty. x

Stillgoingstrong
10-08-2010, 05:43 PM
mum is just using the college funding i think... so that would be fine then. ty. x

I phoned the college but the person I need to speak to is on hols:eek: This lo is 21 months. will just have to wait and see as the mum doesnt seem to have mcuh of a clue:rolleyes:

karen m
10-08-2010, 06:36 PM
i have looked after a couple of lo whose mum was at college i just got paid from college ,am not accredited

Stillgoingstrong
10-08-2010, 06:38 PM
i have looked after a couple of lo whose mum was at college i just got paid from college ,am not accredited

Phew, thats good to know, thanks for that so I'm not going to worry about it now just wait until woman at the college is back from her hols to find out for sure :thumbsup: