PDA

View Full Version : "errrm, i'll have to get back to you...."

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 09:44 AM
or

"thanks, i'll get in touch when i know my exact employment details...."

heard 'em all before?

:rolleyes:

they are the words bandied about after you have spent 30 mins calculating " a quote" for vague parents - that is the exact moment that you realise that this parent has nearly fainted upon reading your little list of figures because they werent planning on paying more than a tenner per day.....for 2 children....including meals.....one being a schooly and the other a 1y/o for 10.5 hours per day twice a week....and that they probably wont bother calling you back even though i gave her a discount on both children (im desperate :rolleyes: a daily- usually reserved for f/t's flat rate for the 1 y/o and sibling discount for the schooly ) and the total rolled in at £102 p/w

:laughing:

one day.....one day someone will want my services.....

heatherw
10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Or how about "I'll have to think about it" when you've just spent an hour and a half of your life going through all your paperwork, routines, hours and fees, knowing full well they are never going to call you again.:angry:

~Chelle~
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Awwwww hun I am so sorry that you keep getting some right rotten enquiries.:angry:

I am back at work this week, my boys are away with their grandparents and I only have one little person tomorrow, if you feel like doing anything, let me know xxx

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Or how about "I'll have to think about it" when you've just spent an hour and a half of your life going through all your paperwork, routines, hours and fees, knowing full well they are never going to call you again.:angry:

oh yes! :angry: nothing like a bit of time wastage eh?!

oh and not forgetting

i love you and your setting BUT your just too far away......

well why not use a map to find out where you are going BEFORE turning up 30 minutes late and then staying over an hour and a half .....

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Awwwww hun I am so sorry that you keep getting some right rotten enquiries.:angry:

I am back at work this week, my boys are away with their grandparents and I only have one little person tomorrow, if you feel like doing anything, let me know xxx

:laughing: chelle just my luck! itll be ok one day im sure! at least it was some interest i suppose!
were off to haven on friday for a week so im busy this week but deffo get together when i get back

x

heatherw
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
oh yes! :angry: nothing like a bit of time wastage eh?!

oh and not forgetting

i love you and your setting BUT your just too far away......

well why not use a map to find out where you are going BEFORE turning up 30 minutes late and then staying over an hour and a half .....

OMG! Have you been spying on me? That exactly what happened to me.

~Chelle~
10-08-2010, 10:13 AM
:laughing: chelle just my luck! itll be ok one day im sure! at least it was some interest i suppose!
were off to haven on friday for a week so im busy this week but deffo get together when i get back

x

OK hun, hope you and the boys have a lovely time away, hope to see you when you get back xx

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 10:20 AM
OMG! Have you been spying on me? That exactly what happened to me.

:laughing: i think that parents just dont realise what is involved, they dont seem to think outside the box and just panic that they have left it so late ....

one asked me if i could go to her house and act as a nanny......she was quite surprised at my reply...

Tinglesnark
10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
OK hun, hope you and the boys have a lovely time away, hope to see you when you get back xx

deffo chelle! look forward to it! :D :thumbsup:

Winnie
10-08-2010, 09:09 PM
then there is the one who you hear nothing from for 4 weeks and suddenly they phone back wanting the space- but its filled :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
10-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm still waiting for a call back from a lady with her 5 week rota as she wanted a price without it and all weeks were different.

Glad I got her number :laughing:

singlewiththree
11-08-2010, 06:36 AM
I had three in one week who got past that stage, turned up and said how wonderful the house was and everything was hunky dorey and they would let me know by the end of the week, didn't hear a thing :angry: really good for your self esteem, one even went to far to say she had been wanting to put the LO into a nursery but after seeing me she had changed her mind, then never even bothered to call me back.

LittleAcorns
11-08-2010, 07:21 AM

one asked me if i could go to her house and act as a nanny......she was quite surprised at my reply...

yep, I had this before.....was offering not much over minimum wage to look after 3 youngsters!!!

Tinglesnark
11-08-2010, 07:59 PM
:panic:

what are we all to do eh?

karen m
11-08-2010, 08:27 PM
must have been the week for it,so annoying especially as it was my grandsons aunty on his dads side of family,texted twice to sort hours and then never turned up to sign contracts:angry:

heatherw
11-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Its bad enough getting from from strangers but from people you already know is even worse! I had one parent cancel on me a couple of weeks ago but she came out today and is coming back to sign contracts. :clapping:

Stillgoingstrong
11-08-2010, 10:00 PM
then there is the one who you hear nothing from for 4 weeks and suddenly they phone back wanting the space- but its filled :rolleyes:

Thats the best feeling though isn't it? The glee in my voice when I say "oh, I'm sorry but another family came, loved everything and signed contracts there and then":littleangel: