PDA

View Full Version : Starting to panic I won't fill places!

tiger79
10-08-2010, 08:34 AM
I am now Ofsted registered so a advertising like mad, leaflets through doors, ads in shop windows, local freebie paper, joined childminding group etc...

Hoping to be able to hand my notice in at end of August subject to filling my vacancies and then start minding at the end of September.

My wife returns to work in October after maternity leave and we cannot afford for her to stay off longer. Now panicking that my places won't be filled before she returns to work, then we'll have to find a childminder ourselves for our baby and after school care for our 4 year old!

Ad goes in the paper tomorrow I'll be gutted if I don't get any calls!

Hope the fact I'm a man doesn't affect things

:panic:

Mookins
10-08-2010, 08:39 AM
hi hun

theres a chap on here called daddy day care he done a thread about him trying to fill spaces and the struggles hes had...its an inspiration to anyone but may help you out

xxx

tiger79
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks Jennie, just had a read........

Does anyone know what benefits we could claim if I decide to quit my job and take my time getting my childminding business together. I already have a before and after schooler, a Friday afternoon and school hols will be pretty full.

My wife works 28 hrs a week and gets about £20K p/a so not sure what if anything we'd be entitled to. Only ever claimed the child tax credit before.

littlemiracles
10-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Hiya,

You would be able to claim working tax credit as well as child tax credit but not sure how the fact you left a job of your own choice would affect it. It may be you would have to wait a certain amount of time before being able to claim.

This may help: www.hmrc.gov.uk/TAXCREDITS/

There is also a helpline for tax credits: 0904 1690072

They should be able to advise you as to what you would be entitled to.

I was also worried about how being a man would affect me filling places but i have had lots of support on here and from people i have met at the local Childrens Centres, training courses etc. Just stay confident in your own abilities and i am sure you will be turning people away due to being fll very soon!

good luck with everything

Scotty

Polly2
10-08-2010, 02:38 PM
I know nothing about benefits sorry but I am sure you will fill your spaces soon. It takes a while to fil up (6 months for me) but once you have a couple of families I am sure it will happen :)

Your website looks fab by the way :thumbsup: