PDA

View Full Version : The nerve of some parents !

Rach30
02-04-2008, 08:55 PM
When i first started minding last sept i only worked mon-thurs and liked it that way . Then i took on a mindee on a friday . This was ok but she has now left so i decided to keep fridays to myself . My buisness will do it my way kind of thing :) Also helping in my parents office on a fri morning doing the work i usually do in evenings so makes life a lot better . Parent of mindee who i only ever have on a tue or thurs asked me if i was going to fill my fri space , so explained what i was doing and they seemed really peeved by it !! They were worrried that i might not be able to pick daught up from school when she goes full time if they ever needed it !!!! Wont go full time till sept !!! Explained that i would still be able to do this anyway . But i thought what a damn cheek !! Tut . Just wanted to get that off my chest lol , Thanks for that............. its like therapy on here LOL.:laughing:

crazybones
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Its none of their business what you do on a Friday. The cheek. If they want to contract you for a Friday then they can pay for it. I envy you. I used to have a Friday off, well me and my own lo but it has reduced to just a morning now. Its still nice to have that time to yourself though.

sarah707
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Ouch! I hope you stick to your guns... a long weekend sounds great! :D

littletreasures
02-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Some parents are so nosey. You know you don't have a private life in this business don't you!!

littletreasures

littlewonders
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
lol! I sometimes get the impression that 'some' parents feel they 'own' you :laughing:

Mollymop
02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes it is a cheek! It's your business not theirs. When I had my 2 enquiries I go tthe impression that it was all up to them, ifyswim. Like i was beng told what to do by them. Are all parents like that?

littletreasures
02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I had one of my mindees for an extra day today and the mum of my other 2 walked in and said you don't usually have all of them today.

I thought so what?

I'm not over my numbers so it doesn't matter. Sometimes I think I am only here for them.

littletreasures

Monkey1
03-04-2008, 05:36 AM
If your not contracted on a friday then its their problem!
I have one like that, they didn't want a friday as they were trying to cut down expences which is fair enough.....but now she takes it for granted that i will just have him after nursery every other friday as extra, but i have no problems telling her when it's not convenient....or if i fancy a quieter end to my working week!:D

LittleAcorns
03-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Dont you feel like you are at their beckon call, and how dare you decide what days youre working, you should be there 24/7

I do love my job btw lol just its a real eye opener to what people expect of you....X

miffy
03-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Don't take any notice just do what you want to do - if it suits you then have the child on a friday but if not don't. September is a long time away and if the parents change their mind before then they won't care that they may have inconvenienced you

miffy xx

Gherkin
03-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Parent take the pee! I have one parent who complains because I take her daughter on the school run and it tires her legs out! This child is what I would call a "car baby". I am of the opinion that as she is 4 and has legs in perfectly good working order then she can use them. My son was going for long walks from 2.

Mind you mum goes on mat leave soon so I will be picking her daughter up from home when on the school run! I must be a mug.

angeldelight
03-04-2008, 06:49 AM
I agree with everyone else

your business your rules and you do not have to explain to anyone

ooooooooooooh im jealous though I would love a long weekend ha

Angel xx

Rach30
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
THat is so true , the parents do think they own you . They dont seem to ubderstand that they are buying a service from you rather than employing you ifyswim . Hey ho , never mind lol :laughing: