PDA

View Full Version : A lovely poem

karensmart4
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but thought you might like this;

BABIES DON'T KEEP

I hope that my child, looking back on today,
will remember a Mother who had time to play.

Because children grow up while you're not looking,
there are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.

So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm nursing my baby and babies don't keep.

Author Unknown.

sarah707
09-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Someone gave me a copy of this when my daughter was a tiny baby and I used to sit and read it when I was rushing around...

Then I would remember to stop and rock my baby :D

Hebs
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
i think it suits all ages cos boy do they grow up quick :(

karensmart4
09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Someone gave me a copy of this when my daughter was a tiny baby and I used to sit and read it when I was rushing around...

Then I would remember to stop and rock my baby :D

Ahh bless, thats nice.
I have this on my noticeboard in my porch, people read it while they're waiting for me to answer the door :)

curlywurly
09-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi

Someone gave this to me when I had my daughter 3 years ago and I've got it on my fridge. When you read it when rushing around it does make you stop and play and leave the cleaning etc.....

AliceK
09-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I've heard that before and when I know I'm guilty of bothering too much with housey stuff I remember it and stop and give my kids some time instead.

Thank you

xxxxx

watgem
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
my mum gave me a tile with this on when my eldest was born, it got smashed in a move a few years ago and I was really sad cos I couldn't remember how it went, so thanks for finding it and sharing it:)

Trouble
09-08-2010, 10:07 PM
i like this its lovely and i know just the person to send t to if you dont mind :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

keeks
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks Karen, it's really beautiful!

And it sends me into a panic - by boys are so big now (one's a TEENAGER!!!) and I'm worried they will remember this full time working single mum who too often said "in a minute, let me just..." :panic:

Well tomorrow I've got a day off, will attempt to rock them a bit then :D It's never too late, right??

x