PDA

View Full Version : Help re: amount of children I can mind on certificate

Starr870
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Hi I need help with what it says on my certificate. I have a 15 month old and a four year old. My certificate says that I .....

may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years; of these, not than 1 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time.

Do these figures include my children?? I thought they did in whcih case I can mind one more under 5 years and one under 8 years. someone else has told me that I do not include my own children in the figures and then this would mean that I could mind one more under the age of 5 and three more under the age of 8 years being the 4 in total that it says on the certificate.

Anyone understand these certificates??????????/

HELP!!!!!!!!:(

FussyElmo
09-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes you can have 1 under 5 and 3 5-8 years olds.

However if your 4 year old is going to be in full time education in september you can get the rising 5 put on your certificate and then you move them into the 5-8 group so then you could have 2 under 5 and 2 over.

Probably confused you more now :thumbsup:

TammyN
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Yes your certificate is worded like mine, the usual amout of children in total is 6 so they have removed ur two before wording. u can have as u stated 1 EY child annd 3 5-8's.
not to confuse you but if ur child is 4 and starting school full time this year you could ring and tell them and they will then add this to ur reg, releasing another EY space and reducing your 5-8 space as your child will then be classed as older for reg purpose

he he great minds think alike :thumbsup: