PDA

View Full Version : Cautiously Overjoyed

Pipsqueak
09-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Without counting my chickens before (blah blah)

my minder friend passed on an enquiry to me last week and I 'interviewed' the parents on Friday just gone. Funnily enough, the dad is the son of the woman who got me into minding - I used to have him over here to play all the time (how time does come round eh). Anyway, they are a young, very lovely couple with..... wait for it - a 12 week old girl M and a 17month old boy A and yep - they WANT ME...... whooo hooooo.
They start next Monday (contracts are going to be signed on Friday hence the cautionary bit).
There was a bit of a hickup - I am on hols the week after they start (and for love nor money was I cancelling my hols) and I thought I may loose the contract because of it - but I have helped them arrange alternative care with a trusted colleague who I know won't poach (actually this colleague is another story).

AND - my other minder friend is going on hols end of this week and two of her mindees need emergency full time care next week as well.
So got a few pennies next week due (just in time for my hols) and I am FULL - did you hear that I am FULL as in NO MORE SPACES come September.
How blooming excited am I.

and as to the 'other story' with my friend who is caring for the kids while I am on hols - well she has just bought a nursery and she offered me a job (which I am not taking) but she even offered to pay my uni fees for my third year.
if she had offered before I took on these other children.......:rolleyes:

Am chuffed chuffed chuffed.... can things really be working out for at long last? Knock on a bit of wood!

I haven't had no spaces in 6 years - but boy am I gonna be shattered.:D

LOOPYLISA
09-08-2010, 02:37 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Gizmo
09-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Well done its a great feeling isnt it I filled my last space on Friday and am going to be so busy come next week and I cant wait :clapping: :clapping:

sweets
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
thats great pip well done. How scrummy too having a 12week old:thumbsup:

i am full as well from sept with 3 children around 2 years old 5 days a week:eek: looking foward to it i think! definately looking foward to my bank balance increasing lol.

desiderata
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Well done.! :clapping: :clapping:

Mouse
09-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Fabulous news :clapping:

breezy
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
brilliant news, stock up on vitamins, paracetamol and alcohol:laughing:

manjay
09-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Good for you Pip!! Well done:thumbsup:

My books look like I have gone into early retirement come September:rolleyes:

fionamal
09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Well Done on being full :clapping:

karensmart4
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Well done to you :thumbsup: I have been full, with a waiting list for 8 years and suddenly this holiday I only have 2 / 3 a day. :(

But on the bright side I am busy again from Sept :jump for joy: :jump for joy:

Trouble
09-08-2010, 03:24 PM
Good people come right in the end :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

nice one pippy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i might give you a free holiday as well as i need you hubbys skills:D

funemnx
09-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Fab news, well done!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

TheBTeam
09-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Well done to you, glad all has come together!

Carol M
09-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Very pleased for you Pip.
I have 3 new after schoolies from Sept. Haven't done schoolies for a long time but haven't had enquiries for lo's. Time will tell. I am enjoying the lull before the storm as both my lo's are TTO, so only working a few days with a
couple of Holiday kids. So I should be doing a catch up of paperwork but haven't started yet!
Sounds like things are picking up on the childcare front.
Carol xx

sarah707
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
That is great news! I am touching wood for you :clapping:

miffy
09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
That is great news Pip, I'm really pleased for you! :)

Miffy xx

flowerpots
09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
oooh well done :clapping:

moljak
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
fab news :)

Pipsqueak
09-08-2010, 08:09 PM
and beggar me - I have had two more enquiries since I posted this thread.

one is from my friend (the one with 10 kids and I cared for two of the schoolies last year) to look after their 10month old - its only for 2 hrs on a tuesday - do you reckon it would be worth me applying for a variation or do you reckon its totally out of the question.

and an email (childcare.co.uk) enquiry - 3yr old for 3 afternoons a week. I may just be able to do this - as P will be at nursery and two of the afternoons my responsibility will end when I drop her of.

My goodness I am in demand and i don't know what to do with myself.:D

Hebs
09-08-2010, 08:10 PM
mindees are definatly like buses :D

congratulations :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

solly
09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Thats great news:) I wish someone would pass some children my way

watgem
09-08-2010, 09:13 PM
fantastic news, will be keeping everything crossed:)