PDA

View Full Version : saying goodbye

maryp0ppins
09-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I have 3 weeks left with twin mindee's (4 yrs) as they start a new school to far for me to pick them up.

I've had them since they were 14 months old, two full days a week.

I & the children are really going to miss them & I want to make the next 3 weeks really good & for them to remember us all.
I'm putting together a photo collage from over the last 3 years with different children they've met, played with & the children they are with on a weekly basis who come to my setting.

Is there anything else I can do, or put together for them to remember us all by.

They know they are leaving as me & parents have explained to them, BUT they don't understand that its for good...they think I will sometimes be picking them up from school & they think they will be coming the odd day :( :(

I just know I'm gonna be crying on the last day...but don't want the twins to think it's because I'm upset as it may upset them....

Sorry for the long gabble :o

karensmart4
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Ah its so hard to say goodbye, the photo collage is a lovely idea (permission granted), Have your photo taken with them, make it into a card and write a goodbye message inside.

Make their last day a 'party day'

Give them a little present to remember you by.

Have all of the children make a group card. :D

Give mum a card saying how much you have enjoyed caring for her children and you would love to hear news about how they are getting on from time to time. :)

And buy an extra box of tissues :blush: