PDA

View Full Version : To All Out 'n' About 360 Double owners

fluffysocks
08-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Hi all

I am really taken with this pushchair however I will be looking after 3 under 3's in the new year and therefore need to attach a buggy board or something similar.

I already have the Bibi Strolli bike seat and was wondering if someone would be able to measure their pushchair for me to see if it'll fit?

I need to know the height from the floor to where the vertical part of the frame meets the hood. and also the diameter of the same pole, its shape (ie oval, flat, square etc) and the width of it from its widest poits if it were a 2d shape.

hope thats not too much to ask, it's just no where in my area stocks it for me to take my bike seat along and try it!

thanks in advance. x

appleblossom
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Hi fluffysocks

I have this pushchair but it's in the shed until Wednesday. I'd rather not get it out before I need it. If you can hang on until then I will measure it and post the details here.

It's a great pushchair, I love that I can push it with one hand whilst crossing the road, meaning I can hold the 3 year old mindee's hand.

fluffysocks
09-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks hun, i'm good for abit as do have a double and dont need to start using it again till back to school but the one i have is really heavy and is killig my back.

Thank you!!

appleblossom
10-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Oh you'll find the Out n about a dream to push. It's light to push and just needs gentle steering . I got it to replace my McLaren twin techno as that was doing my back in.

fluffysocks
10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Hello again!
dont worry over measuring it for me, i met someone today with one and she kindly let me have a play!! I can make the bibi strolli fit if i wanted it too, but was a little worried about the angle of the seats. Dont you find that even with the seats sitiing as upright as possible they are still very laid back? not sure one of my mindees would cope with that as he has to see everything and he's the type of child that given the slightest slack on the harness and he'll climb right out!!

x

appleblossom
10-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Yes, I do find the seats a bit laid back even in the tightest position. I've only had mine a few weeks. I thought one day if I have time when I have it out I'll try to work out a way to raise them up a bit more. I think I might be able to tighten the strap a bit more.

One of my two did try to sit more upright when we first got it. The other just relaxed back from the start. (She's more laid back generally anyhow).

Mind you, the one who tried sitting up more likes to pull the other one's hair (they are 14 and 15 months). Because of the slightly laid back position and the barrier between the seats she can't reach her little friend, although they can see each other to "chat".

I always think they look really comfy. My single pushchair is the Mothercare Urban Detour. The seat is the same on that one, the same strap which doesn't tighten enough to get the seat upright.

love381
11-08-2010, 05:48 AM
Sometimes, if it's a strap that makes your seat sit up/lie down, you can tie a knot in one of the strap pieces before clicking it together and it may just sit up more. I've done this with two different single buggies - not sure if it helps with the 360 one, but thought I'd post anyway. x

fluffysocks
11-08-2010, 08:22 AM
thanks guys, i really like this desin pushchair as it is soo easy to use and oush, my other option was the mothercare urban detour double but if the seat angle is the same then may as well get the nipper 360 as its lighter. I just dont really want the older one falling asleep at every given opportunity but I guess I could use reigns to harness him in with instead? Does the Nipper have the "d" rings to fix a set of reigns to? i didnt look!

thanks again-the slightly laid back idea may have more plus sides if it makes it more difficult for them to reach other

x

appleblossom
11-08-2010, 10:55 AM
I didn't know Mothercare still did the Urban Detour double. I had one years ago and wore it out. However it wouldn't go through the door at the toddler group or my front door. I always had to take the children out and fold it to get in. That's a real pain if either/both can't stand up. I wouldn't have got another that I would have to fold to get indoors or in the toddler group.

Now if it's raining when I get home I can take the pushchair into the hall before lifting the raincover.

I knew before buying the 360 that it would go through doors.

fluffysocks
11-08-2010, 11:42 AM
no they have recently stopped the urban detour and now do a vesta twin which looks virtually identical. Starting to sound like the nipper 360 would be better all round, does it have the "d" rings for attaching reigns to instaed of using the harness?

AliceK
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
no they have recently stopped the urban detour and now do a vesta twin which looks virtually identical. Starting to sound like the nipper 360 would be better all round, does it have the "d" rings for attaching reigns to instaed of using the harness?

I just had mine delivered this morning and yes it does have the D rings.
Not sure I like the way it folds up, it's REALLY stiff and difficult to do and the red clip doesn't seem to hold it folded very well. Looks like I'll be leaving it up. Will have more room when we move in a few weeks.

xxxxx

appleblossom
11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll have a look and post again. But check the width of the Vesta, it might be narrower than the Urban Detour. I'd be surprised if it was as light as the Nipper 360 though.

love381. Thanks for the idea of putting a knot in the strap to make the seat back more upright. I'll try that. If the Mothercare Vesta has the same type of strap to adjust the seat back as the Urban Detour it may have the same laid back seat issue.

fluffysocks
11-08-2010, 06:38 PM
thanks guys you have bee really helpful, have decided to go with the nipper 360, figured that if the seat angle is my only problem then its the closest to a perfect pushchair i'm going to get, and the weight is a really big issue for me.

x

manjay
11-08-2010, 06:46 PM
I love my Nipper 360:clapping: . Quite sad that I don't need it at the moment.

I have never had any problems folding mine up and the red clip works just fine!

AliceK
11-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I love my Nipper 360:clapping: . Quite sad that I don't need it at the moment.

I have never had any problems folding mine up and the red clip works just fine!

Yeah my OH just worked it out, I was folding it from the wrong angle and doing it from a different angle it isn't hard at all and the clip works just fine too. I have now mastered the knack of it. OH has fitted the buggy board on it tonight as well. Can't wait to use it now just a shame it doesn't fit thro my front door. Will at my new house though :clapping:

xxxxx

appleblossom
12-08-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't have any problem folding mine, once my daughter found the red clip. :o
I was trying to fold it without that. I find it easier to fold than the Urban Detour, even though there are more things to do before it folds. I always find pressing both knobs on the Detour whilst folding it really hard.