PDA

View Full Version : 5 newbies starting in September all boys!!

Hayley G
08-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I am now officially full!! :clapping:

I started the year (and my childminding career) with 3 full time children 2 girls (sisters) and their cousin (boy) 6 months, 18 months and 3.5 year now after 8 months the girls are moving out of the area :( .

I was gutted and in serious panic mode as I had given up a reliable office job and waited for over a year (since registering) to start. I was going to lose a huge chunk of pay and despite the constant barrage of advertising -nothing- was considering throwing in the towel. Then I had my first inspection - Outstanding:jump for joy: and totally un expected!!

Now how the tables have turned. Phone calls galore! I now have from September - my remaining mindee 2yrs, a 3ry old (with nursery run), 6yr old (after school), 7yr old (after school, no holidays), & 9yr old (after school no holidays) and a 10 month old (parents work shifts).

Will be a complete change but am up to the challenge! Anyone else got full house?!

Now am going to have to research what boys these ages enjoy - any tips welcome.

Sorry for essay but am so pleased!!!:)

sarah707
08-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

I have all boys at the moment in my under 5s... and 2 girls after school.

They are great fun and really love being outside and getting messy.

I find it's important to have strong behaviour goals in place from the start.

I do lots of active play with them, they love song and dance, they don't sit for long but will play with puppets while I'm reading books and get involved in role play with teddies.

My poor dolls don't get a look in though!! :laughing: :D

Stillgoingstrong
08-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Well done:clapping: I have all boys too,and I'm full too:clapping: Shouldn't have a preference and I don't, of course :littleangel: but boys are my favourites:eek:

Baileys'n'cream
08-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Well done :clapping:

little_gems
09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
its funny how it happens like that. when i first started i had my daugter and looked after all girls apart from one boy after school for 1 hour 2 days a week. Then after i had my son i looked after all boys and just the odd girl. Now i've gone back to nearly all girls.

watgem
09-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I have mostly boys now and they are fab! lots of active things are good but also remembering boys can be very sensitive and cuddly as well-we play a lot of football, basketball, puppets, music and real things in homecorner eg old phones, proper kitchen scales etc also dolls and prams, good luck and have fun:)

mushpea
10-08-2010, 06:00 AM
well done u:clapping: its a great feeling isnt it
I am full too, i will have in sept 5 girls and 3 boys plus my own 2 (one of each) so major full house some days.
I find boys like the wii,, getting muddy, out door toys etc