PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan

Hebs
08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
any ideas on how i can cover Ramadan with the kids??
If i'd thought on i could have got some treats from Egypt when i was last there.......... nevermind :panic:

sarah707
08-08-2010, 04:54 PM
Ramadan is a solemn time isn't it when Muslims think about their lives, their religion, their relationships with others etc and consider how they can make themselves better people.

Maybe you could do something similar with the children - think about problems in the household and how to make changes so that everyone feels valued and respected by everyone else... things like that?

This is an excellent site with lots of links to other places :D

http://www.kiddyhouse.com/Ramadan/

Hebs
08-08-2010, 06:08 PM
It teaches them to thankful for what they have, so i think i'll use that as a basis for our activity, maybe do a feelings tree and on each leaf we can write something we are each thankful for

also on the website is the lantern so i think we'll make them too :D and i already have my egyptian flag :D :clapping: and our dancing camel

OoOh OOOh OOH i have an egyptian dress that a freind sent over as a birthday gift to me, they could dress up too :clapping:

beccas
08-08-2010, 06:30 PM
i have a timetable of prayer times and when theycan eat etc if you want a copy pm me your address i will send you a copy... if i think of anything else i will letyou know.

ramadan is one of the five pillars of islam get in touch with your local mosque see if they will letyou visit some will they are good like that.

Hebs
08-08-2010, 06:32 PM
my friends in egypt said i should take the kids over hahaha oh i wish :D