PDA

View Full Version : Would you chase payment?

celdemorg
07-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi

Just wondering what would you do, as i've just had a barny with my dh!!:angry:

I've been on holiday for 2 weeks, last week in July first in August, came back, Thursday just gone 5th. My fees are due the 1st of every month, had a problem with one parent in particular every month so have done a late payment policy.

Anyway, I said to this parent as I'm on holiday until the 5th August I won't add on any additional payments as I understand that I won't be here so you can pay me when i get back (5th August) She pays me by cash. It's now Saturday still no payment she lives around the corner has to pass where I live if she ever goes out etc. This child is on holiday until the 16th now, so i'm presuming she won't pay me until then:angry:

My husband said for her to pay me on the 16th is ok as i've been on holiday, but i think if i worked elsewhere whether i'd been on holiday or not i'd still get paid on the 1st. Do you agree or am i being unreasonable. Shall i ring her and ask her for my payment, I don't think she's away on actual holiday, she's just off for the week.

xxxx

SammyM
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Definitely chase, if thats your policy then she's signed to agree to it. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile!

louised
07-08-2010, 12:32 PM
send her a polite text reminding her, I have had the exact same thing happen to me, parent on holiday lives in the same street as me and should have paid me when the holiday started but as she wasn't going away I told her just to pop round and pay me on my normal payment day, she told me to text her to remind her which I did and still no money. She will get a shock when she brings mindee back as I am going to refuse him unless she has the money with her:mad:

wellybelly
07-08-2010, 12:44 PM
I had this last year - I think parents presume they don't need to pay till they next come round for childminding but we still have our mortgages etc to pay. I now get parents to by standing order e.g. set up on the 27th of each month so it's always in my account for around the 1st of the month, give or take a weekend day.