PDA

View Full Version : OMG got the call on the mobile!

mumtodaniel
02-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Whilst enjoying a lovely day out at legoland today received a call on my mobile. Yes, you've guess it Ofsted are coming. I am in total shock, as did not expect them so soon, only got my certificate end of Jan and began child minding mid feb. She based it from the time of my pre-reg Nov and said they were due to visit by May. I know lots of CMs at school who registered last August and still not received a call. Told her I was going on holiday in May so she is coming either Monday 14th April or Tuesday 15th April at 12.00 would not say what day.

I have been busy reading up on EYFS, but need to forget that now, and concentrate on National Standards. I do not have any under 3's and not planning on having any for the immediate future, as already have 4 years olds and over after nursery and after school, and have some more of these ages starting in September. Do I needs to know much about birth to 3 do you think? I have not as yet done any long term planning have been busy getting materials etc and was planning on doing that in next few months as only look after children Mon and Tue from Nursery and a few after school on other days. Do I need to show long term planning or does that not come into effect until September. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Spangles
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
HI!

Sorry I have no advice as I haven't had my first inspection yet.

Can't believe they called your mobile! I wouldn't have been expecting that! You should have pretended you'd lost reception! Ha ha! That's what I would probably have done!!!!! :)

Good luck for your inspection!

Mollymop
02-04-2008, 07:43 PM
That is quick! I got the impression it was about 6-7 months after you become registered not after you pre-reg???
I hope they don't phone me that quickly, it's taking me ages to get anywhere! lol

Good luck for when the time comes

sarah707
02-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Do I need to show long term planning or does that not come into effect until September. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Tbh you can only show what you have done... but what you can do is to tell the inspector how you plan ahead for the needs of the individual child.

If you start putting together a learning journey for each child you can then show how you intend to complete it... add a few photos and some observations and a bit of writing linking them to the child's next steps... that's forward planning.

You could put a multicultural calendar on the wall and talk about what festivals you intend to cover as well... and how you will plan differently for each child, so they are all involved and it is meaningful for them.

Good luck! I hope this helps :D

angeldelight
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Have a good look around the forum I am sure you will find heaps of good tips and information to help you

Keep us posted

Angel xx

Saz
03-04-2008, 12:17 PM
OMG - thats quick! I am sure you will find loads of advice on here. Good luck!

LittleMissSparkles
03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
OMG....

i am still waiting and registered in June last year, me think will be imminent now though !!!!!! good luck babe xxx

ma7ie
03-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow that is quick. I'm like Susan. I've been registered since July last year and still haven't had my first inspection yet.

Hope all goes well and good luck.:)