PDA

View Full Version : would it be ok to work still???

sandy64
06-08-2010, 06:21 PM
hi all im having a new kitchen fitted in 2 weeks but wondering if its ok to still work i will only be working 2 days 10am till 5pm with a 1yr old i dont need to go in kitchen as putting fridge in lounge in a corner and will make packed lunches the night before i have another sink in downstairs bathroom if i need extra water, i have a playroom and lounge i use i will r.a, and maybe put a catch on kitchen door so my own cant open it, kitchen fitter is crb checked and will use back door in kitchen so want need to walk through house, should i ask lo mum? if she wants to get someone else? or would you work? thanks

TheBTeam
06-08-2010, 06:23 PM
I worked through when I had mine done, just as you say made sure that all was ready prepared and in the living room.

I doubt my kitchen fitters were crb checked but they were not left alone with the kids.

fluffysocks
06-08-2010, 06:49 PM
i dont see why you cant work, would give mum the heads up and if she is worried you already have provisions in place to ensure safety. Only thing is ensuring minded children are not left alone at any point if fitter has access to the rest of the house. Could you plan an outing maybe?

also do you have a visitors book you could have fitter sign?

x

sandy64
07-08-2010, 06:30 AM
i dont see why you cant work, would give mum the heads up and if she is worried you already have provisions in place to ensure safety. Only thing is ensuring minded children are not left alone at any point if fitter has access to the rest of the house. Could you plan an outing maybe?

also do you have a visitors book you could have fitter sign?

x

hi yes i do have visitors book i would get them to sign in and out. if weather is good we will go out.
thanks for both your replys it has helped. the fitter is crb checked as he does contracts for schools but as he want be with lo that doesnt matter?

margaret
07-08-2010, 07:44 AM
You have to write up risk assessment and inform ofsted.

TammyN
07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
You have to write up risk assessment and inform ofsted.

this is what i was told too :) good luck with the kitchen xx