PDA

View Full Version : How lucky are we!!!!!!!!

claire'scherubs
06-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Soooooo exciting!!!!!

We have been watching the corn growing in the field right behind us all year and have been waiting for the combine harvester to come and take it away. Well today it has been and we were allowed a ride on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

We now have some corn to make some corn dollies, some grain to grind and some straw.

Brilliant start to this month's theme of harvest and food, :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

PixiePetal
06-08-2010, 03:18 PM
My DH is a farmer, we live at the farm. :thumbsup:

corn all over the place here, falls out of DH pockets all over the floor every evening :laughing: We get bits growing in the garden from grains that have been accidentally planted, along with beans :rolleyes:

TheBTeam
06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Fantastic, what a kind farmer to let you have a go!

angeldelight
06-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Sounds great

Glad you had a good day

Angel xx

miffy
06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
Very lucky!

Did you get some photos of the kids on the combine?

Miffy xx

SammyM
06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
How on earth did you Risk Assess that!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

cherry
06-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Lucky you, the field at the bottom of our garden was done last week and the farmer wouldn't even wave to the children as he drove past. :mad:

Stillgoingstrong
06-08-2010, 06:55 PM
The field at the bottom of our garden is rape seed which is left to rot every year and stinks like the worst cesspit in the universe:eek: Lucky you having a combine harvester ride:thumbsup:

Helen Dempster
06-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Oh wow, how fantastic is that?? :clapping: I'm so jealous!

You'll have to post pics of the corn dollies when you make 'em. Did you get photos? I think that's amazing, would love that! :)

claire'scherubs
06-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Yes we got lots of photos!!!!

The drivers have been so kind and have even told us to go to go to another field next week for another go!!!!

Risk assessment a ****** nightmare, as it was such a spur of the moment thing, only doing it now:blush:

I will post some pictures if I work out how to do it xx