PDA

View Full Version : NCMA Conference in Bristol

Chatterbox Childcare
06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Is anyone planning on going to the Conference this year?

moogster1a
06-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Are there any members left?!

cherry
06-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I was thinking of going but saw the cost and it put me off :(

Monkey26
06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Nope, thats my Wedding Day :D xx

Carol M
06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I would like to go but it is now not on the Sunday so basically 1 day!
Alot of money for 1 day, and then there is hotel costs..... Thinking about it..... but don't think my friend will go so I will be Billy No Mates unless I can meet up with some of you.
Carol xx

TheBTeam
06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I was thinking of going but saw the cost and it put me off :(

Same here!

Beetlejuice
06-08-2010, 07:04 PM
You must be psychic as I was about to come and ask the same thing! Yes I'm going. It is expensive but I enjoyed my first one last year - aside from the fact our local CM team from County Council were there and it had slipped their minds to tell any of us about the Capital Grant and the first we heard about it was at the conference :angry: Oh and then they will only let accredited minders utilise it despite the fact that our accredited minders (bar a couple of them) really don't need funding GRRRRR.

Anyway, off my soapbox :blush: I also enjoy having time away in a hotel away from my little monkeys who get me up at 5am :D

maisiemog
06-08-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm tempted to go. Could travel to it from home maybe and avoid hotels but it is a lot of money for what is basically a day! Might see if there are any spaces left after my hols and decide then!

Playmate
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Mick and I will be there, just had it confirmed that there is no funding from LA this year, so I suppose its coming out of my pocket :( Still I would rather go and enjoy myself and put the cost through the books than give the tax man my money :D

Blue Boy
07-08-2010, 05:19 PM
As Sally said we are both going to the conference. Last year was my first one and really enjoyed it:thumbsup: This year will be totally different! I was elected to be a member of the Nattional policy Forum to represent the East Region so I will be working:panic: It will be great to meet some of you off the forum I think you will be able to pick me out. I will stick out like a sore thumb. I am not sure but I think I may be putting forward one of the resolutions. i will find out in September:panic: :panic: So I will need lots of support.
It would be great to be able to have a drink at the dinner and dance in the evening:clapping:

manjay
08-08-2010, 02:27 PM
I will be there. Hotel and conference all booked:thumbsup:

singlewiththree
08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
We are getting funding for over night accommodation for both days BUT I don't have anyone I know well enough to share with as all my friends are either not going or staying with family locally instead so I've decided not to go :(

Chatterbox Childcare
08-08-2010, 05:42 PM
I only live 40 minutes away and think that I will still stay. It is a lot but I think I will meet so many new faces and then hubby will come and stay Saturday.

singlewiththree
15-08-2010, 10:57 AM
I've found someone to room share! I'm now going to the conference, what workshops have you all requested?

Chatterbox Childcare
15-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Think I had better get booked on and book the hotel!

Chatterbox Childcare
15-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Hubby and I are both going now (thought it would class with a Paul Weller gig but doesn't)

Where is everyone staying - would be great to meet on Friday beforehand.

Blue Boy
16-08-2010, 11:22 AM
We are staying at the Marriott. It would be good to meet up and have a drink:thumbsup: I am not sure what I will be doing on the friday evening but as soon as my NPF duties are finished I will be the first to the bar:clapping: